What's with the lag?

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Let's just try Windows Central website as target.

I'm having A Laptop Running Windows 10. It has i7 2670QM, 8GB Ram and SSHD disk. I'm having test on 3 browser Edge,Chromium,IE

Overall no matter which browser I use they didn't perform well when the webpage is too much. Are you saying my i7 2670QM can't handle browsing at 1366.768 res?

So i'm grab my phone first I tried Lumia 625 open the WC site in desktop mode with IE. Isn't perform well but still bearable.
Next I open it with 930. Has some differece but not much

My point is no matter what your browser if the site isn't good yeah you know

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Some of you guys should really read the whole thread, or at least the posts by the OP, before responding. You couldn't be more wrong about Android, as I pointed out above, my $29 LG doesn't lag as much or at least it doesn't lag any worse. My old $59 Moto G did not lag at all, my sisters current Moto E does not seem to lag at all. If I didn't do my research before buying why would I ask the question "I thought Windows was smooth as butter?". If you search the site you will see I've been doing my research for months.

My lumia 640 is maybe a smidge slow on web browsing, but not that big a deal. Overall i find it to be as smooth as KY as it's a pleasure to use.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
OP. What is the point of this thread? You have already done your thorough research (apparently) and come to a conclusion. You refute any argument to the contrary so again I ask, what is the point of this thread? I don't seem to have the stuttering issues you have but then I dont have a point to make. For info i also have an iphone 5c and a Moto E 2nd gen as reference points and to be honest don't notice much difference in browsing etc between all 3. My Moto does stutter every now and then more so than the other 2 (iphone doesn't struggle at all ever as far as I can see). I just prefer the OS experience with windows phone which is why I use it 75% of the time.

I believe the point is obvious, but I'll spell it out. Both my new Windows phone/s lag. I thought Windows Phone is specifically known and cherished for being the exact opposite, not laggy, the anti-Android. Anyone have any ideas?

The above is my point.

The responses thus far have been mixed (and helpful), some people have lag, some don't, some have it bad, some not so much. Seems to me it's a flaw in some 640's and 640 XL's, perhaps a chip problem or a stock app problem that is not present in all phones.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My lumia 640 is maybe a smidge slow on web browsing, but not that big a deal. Overall i find it to be as smooth as KY as it's a pleasure to use.

Both my 640 and 640 XL are pretty smooth locally, off line, no real lag to speak of. Well, maybe a tiny bit here and there, but totally acceptable.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I believe the point is obvious, but I'll spell it out. Both my new Windows phone/s lag. I thought Windows Phone is specifically known and cherished for being the exact opposite, not laggy, the anti-Android. Anyone have any ideas?

The above is my point.

The responses thus far have been mixed (and helpful), some people have lag, some don't, some have it bad, some not so much. Seems to me it's a flaw in some 640's and 640 XL's, perhaps a chip problem or a stock app problem that is not present in all phones.

You are just unlucky I guess. I have owned a lot of phones...a lot. From all points of the spectrum and the one thing I have noticed is that there is a broad correlation between price and performance. I have also noticed that this is more apparent in android devices. I am not alone in this, many many tech reviewers cite the same thing, time and again that Windows phone (love it or hate it) does run well on low spec hardware. THAT is why windows phone has a reputation for being a smoother OS. Saying that, the latest gen android devices are way better than even a year ago so there is probably no appreciable difference now. Perceptions take a while to catch up though. My 640 does not experience any significant lag unless load it. I also find a regular (weekly) soft reset keeps it zipping along nicely.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit laggy as it's powered by a Snapdragon 400 only... Check out SD800 if you want real speed. Also know that IE on WinPhone is a slow browser...

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just done a test, with a NEXUS 7 2013 version tablet using Chrome and my Lumia 640 using the stock browser.

Test many websites I have stored the same on both, starting them at the same time and then swiping up and down to see how much lag and redraw there is.

To be honest, the load times were almost identical and neither showed any lag with mobile formatted pages, if anything the Lumia loaded the pages slightly faster on a few accounts. With the full desktop versions of the same pages, both devices took longer and both had slight stutter/lag on swiping the pages up and down, lumia did have to redraw some of the images, where as the nexus didn't, I would say they both loaded about the same, but the nexus was slightly smoother on full desktop pages. That would account for the extra 1GB of ram I guess.

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
No lag with L640 and ie,smooth as it can be,only some local sites are not optimized well,and thats different story...love L640 and ie for browsing,tried opera,uc,maxthon and surfy and all of them have certain lag or glitch when opening page or scrolling...no complains so far

Also only in ie i can get new look opening gmail,all other browsers dont support it,its some script issue or something like that

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to ask if you have tried Opera, UC Browser and Surfy to see if they still lag. Have you? If not, you should give it a try.
They all *HAVE* to use the IE rendering engine, so in theory they could only work quicker if they have some server that simplify pages for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)