Speach to text.. texting.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't see an option for a little microphone on the keyboard in order to text by voice instead of typing. I'm a HUGE user of this function on Android. How do you enable it on Windows phone?

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ok, after much fiddling around I found speech recognition was not checked under Setting - Speech. Got the microphone, but why on earth does the text window go away when you voice-to-text and then reappear only after you are done dictating/talking? Only then can you see the mistakes it made! With Android you can see each letter being spelled out and catch mistakes as you're talking. Also with Android you can insert punctuation just by saying.. "period", "question mark" etc.. With Windows it spells the punctuation words out!

I'm just not liking Windows Phone so far at all. I WANT to like it, I REALLY do! But it just seems you have to take three steps to get anywhere compared to Android. So after every sentence in a text using voice I have to stop, close out the voice window, insert a period or other punctuation via the keyboard by hand... then hit the microphone again... start my next sentence via voice.. go back to the keyboard to polish... and so on and so forth? This CAN'T be the only way.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, the attachment button is next to the send.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not sure if your messing with me or being obvious...
The microphone button is next to the attachment button...

Since I'm sending from the app I can't quote you twice.

As far as voice texting goes, I just use Cortana. I say "Text (persons name)" Then it says "What do you want to say?" After each sentence I just say add more. I'm not up to date with android voice texting (my wife has a note 4 but doesn't use it) so I'm not sure if this would be a remedy to your problem. This is, however, what I do when I do voice text. I don't have speech recognition checked.

Windows phone isn't for everyone. Some people go back, some stay. The point is you were willing to try. And for that, the community thanks you.

(And none of that is me being a smartass)

$.02

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Messing with you? huh? If you read my prior post you would have known there was NO microphone present because under settings it was not checked. It took me a while and some exploring to find the setting and check it so the microphone appears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes