What is the meaning of my 1520 Lumia to start with not foresale?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

what is the meaning of my 1520 lumia to start with not foresale ?

i bought a second hand nokia lumia 1520 from olx online market ,,but it starts with a massage not for resale ,, should i know what it means ?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: what is the meaning of my 1520 lumia to start with not foresale ?

Hello and welcome to Windows Central.

Based on a few minutes of research, the "Not for Resale" message seems to be for devices that could either be an "Engineering" or "Prototype" - these phones are normally bought through non-official online retailers.

You may want to check the product code of your L1520 by connecting to your PC and running the Lumia Software Recovery Tool - cross check the indicated product code with the online listing of product codes for the retail version of the L1520.

Should you wish to provide further details or ask additional questions, you're welcome to create a Windows Central account and respond in this thread.

P.S.
There is no need to ask the same question twice. Our users have seen the question, and when one of them has the answer your question will be answered. If it takes time, then the question must be difficult - but asking the same question again doesn't change its level of difficulty. The duplicate post has been deleted.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
What firmware are you running? It is either a prototype, but more likely, it was updated through the developer's program somewhere along the way.

If it is on Denim, it might be that it was updated prior to the official Denim release, as many of us did (didn't want to wait another two weeks, but it was the same OS). Now that Denim has been officially released, you could go back and install that release version if the message bothers you.

If it is Windows 10, you will have that message, because WP10 has not been officially released yet.

Either that, or it has an FBI tracking device, and they will descend on your home at any moment. :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This message always appears when you're running Windows 10 Mobile (Technical Preview).

It doesn't mean you have a special engineering/prototype phone.

Prototype phones have visible indications on the phone itself.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: what is the meaning of my 1520 lumia to start with not foresale ?

what can i do to remove that not for resale word at the start / nokia lumia 1520 ?

It'll disappear when you use the software recovery tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1. It'll also disappear when Windows 10 Mobile is released publically and you upgrade to that version.

In the meantime, don't worry about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz