Something Went wrong with Lumia 830 camera with detailed testings, how can I fix it?

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Some thing Went wrong with Lumia 830 camera with detailed testings

since i updated my phone to windows 8.1 update 1. then i tried all the following

1) hard reset
2) lumia recovery software
3) updated to windows 10 preview

well as i read most of the places only solution is replacing the phone. but one place i read uninstalling lumia camera application and installing camera application can solve the same. i tried this and boom it works but as i shot first pic. after i opened my camera again same problem.

now i am confused as i traveled back to my home country and i checked through lumia help and tip warranty period and it told me your device is out of warranty now its because i am in different region or i have really pass one year warranty.

can any one help me on this if its hardware issue the why the above solution works for one time. if its hardware then is it main board issue or just camera module? can changing camera module solve the issue?

I am now trying to downgrade my firmware through nokia care suite to earlier one. during test mode in nokia care suite it mentioned four test failed related to camera. if any one can help me i can post pictures with detailed result of testing.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Some thing Went wrong with Lumia 830 camera with detailed testings

What exactly is the problem with the camera?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Are you saving your pics to the phone or SD card?

I had an issue where the phone lost the ability to read the sd card, so the camera app crashed. The computer read it fine, so I copied everything onto the computer, reformatted the card, copied everything back to it, put it back in the phone, and everything worked.

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

I am now trying to downgrade my firmware through nokia care suite to earlier one. during test mode in nokia care suite it mentioned four test failed related to camera.
what did the error notification say?

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

what did the error notification say?

Its not detecting the older firmware on which camera was working fine. but its detection the current version which i already have in my phone indata packages.

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

Are you saving your pics to the phone or SD card?

I had an issue where the phone lost the ability to read the sd card, so the camera app crashed. The computer read it fine, so I copied everything onto the computer, reformatted the card, copied everything back to it, put it back in the phone, and everything worked.

I am not using sd card. i tried different trick. as i mentioned once worked like i shot one pic but after that same issue.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

What happens if you download a different camera app? If a different camera app works fine, then it's the Lumia app. If it doesn't work either, it may be the camera.

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Its not detecting the older firmware on which camera was working fine. but its detection the current version which i already have in my phone indata packages.
You can manually download older firmware with the NaviFirm+ tool. Although you need to donate 3 USD, to be able to do that. Free are only the latest versions.

Software NaviFirm Dowload
How to use Navifirm to download firmware

Than use Nokia Care Suite as described in this guide.
How to Flash with Nokia care suite 5 | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking

Tutorial - Flash an Lumia device

Last edited:

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

You can manually download older firmware with the NaviFirm+ tool. Although you need to donate 3 USD, to be able to do that. Free are only the latest versions.

Than use Nokia Care Suite as described in this guide.

my issue was NCS wasnt detecting the firmware. Now i got the trick now i was able to flash previous firmware but camera issue remain there. when i open camera application either screen is blank or either it will give error message. now i dont know its main board fault or camera module.

now i am updating it with Euro O2 firmware let see how it works out.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

forget firmware - download a different camera app, and see what that does. The camera isn't too hard to replace, if that's the problem.

Major sam

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site

forget firmware - download a different camera app, and see what that does. The camera isn't too hard to replace, if that's the problem.

I have tried it. even i have installed different firmwares from Europe still issue is same. Now i think i should try to change camera module. but i am not sure if i buy new camera module will it solve teh problem or not otherwise the money will go in vein.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I have tried it. even i have installed different firmwares from Europe still issue is same. Now i think i should try to change camera module. but i am not sure if i buy new camera module will it solve teh problem or not otherwise the money will go in vein.

I believe that, if you've tried all of that, a new camera will fix your problem.

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

It isn't related to software. It's a hardware issue. Get a replacement.

Mngotu

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I don't understand what happened to mine either. Switched it on, and the camera didn't work. "Something went wrong" just kept popping up. Went through all the steps with @LumiaHelp on twitter and it still doesn't work, even after a full reset. I have to take it to a care point seeing as I am unable to download the recovery tool, seeing as I own a mac.
Anyways......anyone know of a CARE POINT near Manchester??? Also, my phone is still in warranty too, but I lost proof of purchase.

wwwsam

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Just replying to say that I baught a (apparently used) Lumia 830 RM-985 rear camera module from ebay and swapped out my Lumia 830 RM-984 camera.
The error has now disappeared and camera is working as before.

Goodluck!

Regards,
Sam.

P.s. Anyone willing to attempt, get tweezers and a T5 screwdriver (Also maybe a credit card to help with prying clipped parts). Once you have everything, youtube "disassembly LUMIA 830" and follow until the point where the mainboard comes off then you may replace the camera.

Do this at your own risk as parts are very fragile and you will risk damaging components with your steel tools!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3