How is Wifi calling on the latest WIn10 build for Lumia 640?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone updated their Lumia 640(Tmo version) to the latest windows 10 build? Is it still broken?

Mine didn't work on the last build.....had to revert back to 8.1

Orangeblood77

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Well, how hard is it to revert back to 8.1 if wifi calling doesn't work? I'm an android guy and not familiar at all with windows phones as this is my first one.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, how hard is it to revert back to 8.1 if wifi calling doesn't work? I'm an android guy and not familiar at all with windows phones as this is my first one.

About as hard as installing a ROM zip on your phone.

Plug it into your PC, download the Winodws Phone Recovery Tool, hit some buttons, wait a bit and voila. Assuming nothing goes wrong of course.

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone updated their Lumia 640(Tmo version) to the latest windows 10 build? Is it still broken?

Mine didn't work on the last build.....had to revert back to 8.1

Currently on 10512 and I can confirm that Wi-Fi Calling is still not functional. Option is there but setting to WiFi preferred does nothing, and setting to WiFi Only just turns the phone radio off. At least all APN settings are working correctly with no modification. I haven't tried seeing if they continue to work after a hard reset after upgrading to 10 (I only reset when it was on 8.1) but I probably will tonight. It's an area of concern for me, as my 925 reported incorrect APN settings after a hard reset on 10 even though settings showed everything entered correctly, which meant I had to roll back to 8.1 and reupgrade to get back data and MMS. I'll let you know if anything changes.

EDIT: I tried the hard reset while on 10 as mentioned above but WiFi calling still doesn't work. Not necessary at all for me, but if you have bad coverage, this build is not for you. It's worth noting, however, that all APN settings work perfectly after the reset, so that's a plus. Cheers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99