[Quick Impressions] Who Has Gotten The Lumia 640?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you just unboxed a Lumia 640? Is it so recent that you haven't stopped fiddling with it yet? Which variant did you get?

Give us some quick thoughts on how you like your new device. What stands out right away as a major draw? What seems to be lacking?

Are you happy you got it? Why? Why not?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 640, the T-mobile variant for about two months now and I still fiddle with it. I am still really enjoying it and trying to see how I can improve the pictures that I take with it. It meets all of my needs, it's not too big or small, and at this time, I can't imagine upgrading to anything else. The only thing I don't like about the T-mobile variant is how Wifi calling is kind of buried inside and you have to dig for it. When the phone is on top on a paper surface and it rings, it sounds really low. Otherwise, it really feels like Microsoft finally "hit the spot" in all the right ways.

Last edited:

realitydroid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Got mine almost a week ago. I had a 635 on AT&Ts gophone service. Upgraded to the 640 when I saw it at WalMart. Had been waiting for it to come out at a reasonable enough price. About $70 later and I started to enjoy the best phone I've ever had. Just ordered up a case and screen protector for it today after dropping it on the sidewalk.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the tmobile variant my first impression was dear god....i went from a yellow to an orange phone to a white phone. How boring.

Next I was like goodness, who know a 0.7 inch difference from the xl could be so noticeable.

Overall impressions, I'm not thrilled jut not unhappy with it. Excellent phone for the price but I want more and this definitely wont be a phone I plan to use long term :D

dansak

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Having just upgraded from an Iphone 5 to a Lumia 640 LTE i can only wonder why i didnt do it long ago, i wanted a bigger screen and not being willing to pay the ?600 for an Iphone 6 i knew that a lumia was my only option, i know there is Android but having used it and disliking it to the point of vowing never to go to the dark side again i looked seriously at the 640
having had it for a few weeks i can only say i am seriously impressed by the 640, the two things that have impressed the most are the call quality which is superb,no hissing or crackles just a high quality voice connection,the other plus point for me is the battery life, two days of normal useage and still having around 30% left is amazing
so yes i am happy with my 640

Dallas Johnson2

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Coming to the Lumia 640 on the Metropcs Network. Is this a good phone to have? I am actually leaving the Iphone and contract and coming to the prepaid side.

qbrick

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
It's day four on my new 640's first charge and I have 49% battery runtime left - this might come put as twice the runtime compared to the Lumia 830's that I bought in October last year and which is in repair at the moment. From my point of view everything else is much the same on the L640, so I am quite impressed with it.
I miss wireless charging of course, and the 830's metal frame feels a bit sturdier. On the other hand the 640's slightly bigger size combined with the glossy plastic back gives a more comfortable feel and makes the device much more secure against dropping.
To be honest, I'm thinking about keeping the 640 as a daily device, when the 830 returns.

circe801

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
mine through T-Mobile as well, and am still tinkering with it. the reason it sounds muffled if set down on its back is that's kind of an odd place for a speaker... for a mono speaker, though, it sounds pretty great and the volume is good and no distortion at max--it also sounds good with headphones or with an amped speaker attached. calls are very clear--the only problem i've had is an echo sometimes when speaking to my next-to-nextdoor neighbor, but that's not the fault of the phone. i really have no complaints except for the blasted 'notification center'--sometimes when you're swiping, it will come down when you didn't mean it to and block whatever was on your screen, but perhaps that's a problem with any windows phone--this is my first. but, all in all, fine phone for the price--clearly a high mid-level at an entry-level price... and the problem with storage is that the OS takes up nearly half the 8G. you know, they should take that into consideration...

Scouseman

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I've got the AT&T version. The battery last longer than my Lumia 925. Nothing is lacking from the phone in my opinion, the OS on the other hand...

Nathan George

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The 640 on sale now is an incredible value. I wanted to buy 2 more at the $69.99 price but it is no longer available for T-Mobile :(. Last time I checked they only had the AT&T models left.

NOOB4LIFE

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Its been two months using L640.
I'm loving it so far. The only problem I've noticed is that I cant increase the volume of my alarm if the alarm tune is set to some custom tune. Everything else is just perfect.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Had the 640 for the three weeks. The hardware is great but the issues are os related: If the phone is locked with a pin one shouldn't be able to turn off volume or shut it off completely. I purchased it for my mother, as the ui is pretty basic and the live tiles great for easy viewing, but that just means it can go silent in her purse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb