Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

02-26-2016 03:35 AM
37 12
tools
    Have you just unboxed a Lumia 640? Is it so recent that you haven't stopped fiddling with it yet? Which variant did you get?

Give us some quick thoughts on how you like your new device. What stands out right away as a major draw? What seems to be lacking?

Are you happy you got it? Why? Why not?
    08-18-2015 03:23 PM
    I am waiting for the accessories to arrive before I start fiddling with it:-)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-18-2015 03:42 PM
    I have had my Lumia 640, the T-mobile variant for about two months now and I still fiddle with it. I am still really enjoying it and trying to see how I can improve the pictures that I take with it. It meets all of my needs, it's not too big or small, and at this time, I can't imagine upgrading to anything else. The only thing I don't like about the T-mobile variant is how Wifi calling is kind of buried inside and you have to dig for it. When the phone is on top on a paper surface and it rings, it sounds really low. Otherwise, it really feels like Microsoft finally "hit the spot" in all the right ways.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-18-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    RumoredNow and jcrod73 like this.
    08-18-2015 04:01 PM
    Got mine almost a week ago. I had a 635 on AT&Ts gophone service. Upgraded to the 640 when I saw it at WalMart. Had been waiting for it to come out at a reasonable enough price. About $70 later and I started to enjoy the best phone I've ever had. Just ordered up a case and screen protector for it today after dropping it on the sidewalk.
    davykat81, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    08-19-2015 08:33 PM
    I have the tmobile variant my first impression was dear god....i went from a yellow to an orange phone to a white phone. How boring.

Next I was like goodness, who know a 0.7 inch difference from the xl could be so noticeable.

Overall impressions, I'm not thrilled jut not unhappy with it. Excellent phone for the price but I want more and this definitely wont be a phone I plan to use long term :D
    08-29-2015 09:11 AM
    Having just upgraded from an Iphone 5 to a Lumia 640 LTE i can only wonder why i didnt do it long ago, i wanted a bigger screen and not being willing to pay the 600 for an Iphone 6 i knew that a lumia was my only option, i know there is Android but having used it and disliking it to the point of vowing never to go to the dark side again i looked seriously at the 640
    having had it for a few weeks i can only say i am seriously impressed by the 640, the two things that have impressed the most are the call quality which is superb,no hissing or crackles just a high quality voice connection,the other plus point for me is the battery life, two days of normal useage and still having around 30% left is amazing
    so yes i am happy with my 640
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    08-31-2015 04:48 AM
    Quite pleased over all. I do miss a LED notification light.
    liteon163 likes this.
    08-31-2015 02:43 PM
    Coming to the Lumia 640 on the Metropcs Network. Is this a good phone to have? I am actually leaving the Iphone and contract and coming to the prepaid side.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-01-2015 11:44 PM
    ^^^ Yes definitely :) . 640/640XL
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    09-02-2015 12:54 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. Im actually looking forward to the phone. It comes Thursday.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-02-2015 01:13 AM
    It's day four on my new 640's first charge and I have 49% battery runtime left - this might come put as twice the runtime compared to the Lumia 830's that I bought in October last year and which is in repair at the moment. From my point of view everything else is much the same on the L640, so I am quite impressed with it.
    I miss wireless charging of course, and the 830's metal frame feels a bit sturdier. On the other hand the 640's slightly bigger size combined with the glossy plastic back gives a more comfortable feel and makes the device much more secure against dropping.
    To be honest, I'm thinking about keeping the 640 as a daily device, when the 830 returns.
    libra89, YASSERM777 and RumoredNow like this.
    09-13-2015 02:31 AM
    mine through T-Mobile as well, and am still tinkering with it. the reason it sounds muffled if set down on its back is that's kind of an odd place for a speaker... for a mono speaker, though, it sounds pretty great and the volume is good and no distortion at max--it also sounds good with headphones or with an amped speaker attached. calls are very clear--the only problem i've had is an echo sometimes when speaking to my next-to-nextdoor neighbor, but that's not the fault of the phone. i really have no complaints except for the blasted 'notification center'--sometimes when you're swiping, it will come down when you didn't mean it to and block whatever was on your screen, but perhaps that's a problem with any windows phone--this is my first. but, all in all, fine phone for the price--clearly a high mid-level at an entry-level price... and the problem with storage is that the OS takes up nearly half the 8G. you know, they should take that into consideration...
    09-13-2015 08:19 PM
    I gave into temptation and picked up the AT&T GoPhone version yesterday just to tinker with. I like that 5 inch screen.
    09-21-2015 10:24 AM
    I've got the AT&T version. The battery last longer than my Lumia 925. Nothing is lacking from the phone in my opinion, the OS on the other hand...
    09-21-2015 10:34 AM
    The 640 on sale now is an incredible value. I wanted to buy 2 more at the $69.99 price but it is no longer available for T-Mobile :(. Last time I checked they only had the AT&T models left.
    Jamar Wright likes this.
    09-21-2015 10:52 AM
    i bought it about a month ago ,, loving it
    10-03-2015 05:47 AM
    Its been two months using L640.
    I'm loving it so far. The only problem I've noticed is that I cant increase the volume of my alarm if the alarm tune is set to some custom tune. Everything else is just perfect.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2015 04:21 AM
    I have had my L640 for about 3 months and I love ❤ it. I can't believe MS discontinued it so fast.
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    10-04-2015 05:17 AM
    Had the 640 for the three weeks. The hardware is great but the issues are os related: If the phone is locked with a pin one shouldn't be able to turn off volume or shut it off completely. I purchased it for my mother, as the ui is pretty basic and the live tiles great for easy viewing, but that just means it can go silent in her purse.
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    10-04-2015 05:35 AM
    I have had my L640 for about 3 months and I love ❤ it. I can't believe MS discontinued it so fast.
    I think you meant discounted since it's not discontinued. ;p
    10-07-2015 06:24 PM
    I bought the GoPhone variant last week as an upgrade from my 635. I used it for two days and then switched my sim card back into my 635, but that's only because I'm waiting on a couple of cases and a yellow shell to arrive before I put it to daily use. Overall I'm happy with it. The tiles are smaller than on the 635, but I found that the smaller tiles look more sophisticated. When I switched back to my 635, the larger tiles almost looked a bit clownish in comparison. I don't like that my favorite ringtone on the 635 (Brimful) is not an option on this phone, however!
    k72 likes this.
    10-08-2015 07:47 PM
    I don't like that my favorite ringtone on the 635 (Brimful) is not an option on this phone, however!
    My favorite ringtone slow coffee on 635 is not on 640 either, but I downloaded it and put it in the ringtone folder, then it works fine :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-08-2015 08:22 PM
    I think you meant discounted since it's not discontinued. ;p
    No I meant discontinued, Isn't the L550 replacing it I thought I read that.
    10-09-2015 01:54 AM
    Hello Everyone!

I have the Lumia 640 [the MetroPCS version] and it is an amazing phone for the price. I can't complain about the hardware and an equivalent costing or speced android phone would not run anywhere near this good! One of the gripes that I had about it though is that there isn't a lot of accessories for this phone. The build quality feels a little better than an iPhone 5c and the buttons feel nice for being plastic. This was my first step into Windows phone and I am hoping that the downfalls with the apps aren't enough to drive me away. I've had it for a little over 2 months now and I think I can live in this ecosystem long term.
    k72, libra89 and Nevets68 like this.
    10-10-2015 09:45 PM
    Picked up the at&t gophone version for fiddling. Horrible blisterpack. Not Microsoft's fault. The 640 is a familiar experience having had the 521 and 635 to play around with. Certainly, the better specs, and especially the better camera/front camera, make it a great budget choice. Glance and HD screen give it a scent of former flagship flavor.

I like the form factor, replacable battery, weight. Great backup phone or daily driver depending on needs and budget. This should be selling like hot cakes at $79 a pop. Not sure how it is doing in the market place though. Have no idea why it is not a choice with T-Mo US any longer save for the Walmart version. And, not quite sure what the 550 in the line-up will be for? 640 is best budget Lumia so far.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-12-2015 09:51 AM
37 12