Imposible to update my phone to windows 8.1

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone. im a new guy here.
I just bought a lumia 435, which is working great for me.
so far, every update works without complications.

However, in my old lumia 520 there is a problem everytime i try to update it.
First i had no space on my phone... weird, because i didnt have anything installed, so i cleaned the internal memory from apps and other stuffs.
it didnt work, so i had to reset the phone.
Still got the same problem, but finally after the reset and deleting some apps, i was able to finally start the update.
When the update download bar is around 78% i always get an error on my phone.
First, i thought it was my internet. but i have been trying this in diferent places and got the same error over and over again.

Well, i tried to update my phone with my computer. but after many hours investigating looks like there is no software for that. i tried NOKIA ZUNE. but that software didnt even recognize my phone. so i gave up.

I want to know, if there is a way to update my phone from the SD card, because so far, i cant find any solution.

Thanks you very much for your time.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. im a new guy here.
I just bought a lumia 435, which is working great for me.
so far, every update works without complications.

However, in my old lumia 520 there is a problem everytime i try to update it.
First i had no space on my phone... weird, because i didnt have anything installed, so i cleaned the internal memory from apps and other stuffs.
it didnt work, so i had to reset the phone.
Still got the same problem, but finally after the reset and deleting some apps, i was able to finally start the update.
When the update download bar is around 78% i always get an error on my phone.
First, i thought it was my internet. but i have been trying this in diferent places and got the same error over and over again.

Well, i tried to update my phone with my computer. but after many hours investigating looks like there is no software for that. i tried NOKIA ZUNE. but that software didnt even recognize my phone. so i gave up.

I want to know, if there is a way to update my phone from the SD card, because so far, i cant find any solution.

Thanks you very much for your time.

Windows recovery tool works great, I have used it several times with my L520.
If it does not see your phone the first time. Reboot your phone or select "can not find my phone" option.
FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the links and information... I'm having problems with the Lumia Software Recovery Tool 5.0.8
I always get this message:
0x80091007 - the hash value is not correct.
I'm trying to install this software on 2 separate computers, fully updated win 10 and win 8.1
If i try the compatibility mode for windows 7. the installation get stuck on "WinUSB Drivers Ext" on both computers
Already tried disabling driver signature on both computers but nothing happens. still got the same error.
What can i do now?

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Everytime i try to install the Windows phone recovery tool.
a windows pop asking me to select the file "Bootstrapper"
I cant pass from this point...

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok, i downloaded WPRT again.
When i try to install it, i get the same error:
0x80091007 - the hash value is not correct
Im using Windows 10 64x.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
There was a mandatory update for both the WPRT & LRT today. Have you tried saving the file to disk and running as administrator?

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok, i got an update..
i tried to install WPRT on my laptop with windows 8.1
it worked, so yeah, finally!
I conected the lumia 520, and was recognized, then i started downloading the patch.
Around 1.60GB, i downloaded all and at the very end
i get this error
erroragain.jpg
i cant still cant update my phone
What can i do?

Dan Alvarez

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I made it!
i plugged the usb cable on another port, reopen the program as admin, shutdown my antivirus....
and the phone was finally updated!
Thanks for all the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes