Almost left the fold

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The other day, I dropped my 928 in a parking lot and shattered the glass, not the digitizer. Phone still works. I had been thinking of changing platforms, but upon reflection of the costs involved, I just bought a nearly mint Icon off Craigslist.

Do you really want to repurchase all your apps? Do you really want to learn yet another ecosystem? I decided not.

I left the deactivated SIM in the old phone to use the 928 as a "WP Touch" (iPod Touch for WP) for my mileage tracking app. It will stay in the car.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your 928, though I think you'll find the Icon well worth the cost.

Of course the app/ecosystem inertia is one of the things keeping people on Android, so boo to that. :winktongue:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You won't be disappointed in the Icon. Even thought it is over a year and a half old, it is still a beast of a phone. Even when compared to the iPhone 6, Galaxy S6, and the LG G4.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Ian Too: The Icon is definitely faster and yes, I'm glad I got it. It came with Windows 10 Mobile 10512, but after the new Store balked at completely installing Tweetium and Poki (and I found out that Calculator and OneNote weren't installed yet, and couldn't because of the aforementioned frozen apps) I went back to 8.1 and restored my backup from the 928. I liked the look and functionality of Windows 10 Mobile, it's just I have to have a perfectly running phone for my business. I use it very heavily.

Septembersrain: I could get it fixed; I'd do it myself. I've fixed a lot of laptops in the past couple of years, and the YouTube video wasn't too hard. It would cost $70 or so. But for now, that only the glass and not the digitizer is broken, I can hold off for a while. It works just fine as a "WPad Touch" for VEZMA, my mileage tracking app. Now I can use GPS on the Icon and still track my mileage!

gernerttl: It got hot on the side where the buttons are when I reverted back to 8.1, but it cooled down quickly thereafter.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Heating can be an issue. Certain apps will make it run hot. Games mostly, but mine has run hot using Here Drive+. Generally any app that is CPU/GPU intensive.

I'm contemplating reverting to WP8.1/Denim. I too love the look and functionality of W10M, but it's still too buggy and I'm having trouble with several apps working properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre