Microsoft Lumia 640 worth it?

NafcMontana

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I used to have a Lumia 625 with a 2 year subscription but since those 2 years passed, I can now choose a new free phone and this month's Lumia is the 640 but I don't know if it's worth it? I use the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini for now and I'm not really stunned with the battery life but it has a lot of apps in the Google Play Store.

Everyday I use apps like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social apps, but for as far as I remember, there is no official Instagram app in the Store...

How's the rest of the phone, how does it perform, does it have any lag or bugs?

Michael Kitzman

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the 640 for about a month now and it works really well. Battery life is really good, and the 720p screen is a welcome upgrade over the 635.

It seems to be a pretty rock solid device so far.

Also, there is an instagram app for windows phone now, but I use a third party one that works great.

ecowookie

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 broke the other day after I dropped it screen first on a rock so I bought a 640 as a temporary phone until the new flagship is released and I have to say its a fantastic phone for the money! Can't go wrong with it in my opinion.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 640 XL and now I have a 640. For me, the 640 is the perfect size. Plus, I didn't even pay full price - Best Buy Rewards + balance on gift card. $24 phone!

Now Walmart in my town had the 635 for $14!!!! Almost bought it again to have a spare.

lift

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
The 640 is an awesome phone. $80 for AT&T or $99 for T-Mobile. Can't go wrong. You get a lot of phone for such a cheap price.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I respectfully disagree that a Blu Win HD is a better value than the 640 or 640 XL. That's like comparing an Geo Metro to a modern day Fiat.

RK928

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm really liking my 640. Only problems are single speaker on the bottom, 4.8" usable screen size with the rest wasted black space and no AT&T support for Visual Voicemail with dual SIM phones.

That last one's a bummer; in hindsight, I don't need the dual SIM like I thought I did.

I switched from Android with HTC One and don't plan on going back, Windows is way more stable in my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs