Why isn't 2G working on my Lumia 920?

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
2G not working in Lumia 920

I am experiencing strange problems with my NL920. All of the sudden, 2G connectivity went down, it shows No Service. I can only connect to 3G, and it is not stable at all, because it works fine when I don't move between cell towers, but when I move around the city, it looses power, until it disconnects, and takes a really long time to reconnect.
I have tried to soft reset and hard reset the device many times, as well as sending it to a repair center, but with no success. The guy there told me that radio modules were fine, and he could not locate the issue :(
Has anybody else encountered this problem?

Robbbstar

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have exactly the same problems. Lte and 3g working properly, but no 2G. Nothing helps. Did you find any solution? Thanks!

gm08

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have exactly the same problems. Lte and 3g working properly, but no 2G. Nothing helps. Did you find any solution? Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply...
No, nothing and no one could fix it. I sent it to local repair centers, and no success.
I guess that it is a really complicated issue, caused by a drop and/or overheating.
But during this time I have switched provider, and the new one seems to have a much better 3G network, so my phone never disconnects while I move accros town.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss