How Can I Keep Phone From Locking When Connected to Freindly WiFi or Bluetooth?

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
There is an app for android phones that prevents the phone from locking when it is connected to "approved" wifi or bluetooth connections.

Is there something like this for my Lumia Icon?

This allows me to keep it from locking while in the car or at home and then when disconnected it goes into the lock mode based on time frame selected as in when leaving the car and no longer connected to the bluetooth.

Having to enter the PIN every time I want to access the phone at home ( after time out ) is a pain. I would assume the app would be able to "disable" the lock timeout function when connected to specified wifi or bluetooth connections.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
There is no such app that would prevent your phone from locking itself when it is connected to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. However, there may be apps that can prevent your phone from locking if the app is active, i.e. if the app that is using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth has the option to keep your phone from locking. Note that this is different from simply having an app that detects that your phone is connected to Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and just prevents your phone from locking - the app has to be actively doing something, e.g. streaming a movie, counting your steps, monitoring some paranormal activity, etc.

Alternatively, you can try to check your phone lock screen settings and see if there is a setting to set the screen time out to "never" - availability of this setting seems to vary depending on the combination of phone model and OS version - but I feel that this isn't exactly what you're really looking for.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, setting lock to "never" kind of defeats the possibility of securing the phone in the event of leaving it somewhere, etc. If there's no app now, would it be possible for someone to create one given the Windows phone hardware/Firmware?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yup, exactly.

Well, I think it's possible. There are apps now that can prevent auto lock screen, and then there also are apps that can detect if the phone is connected via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth... so an app with a combination of these two should also be possible. I'm just not aware if such an app already exists, since the desired function is relatively specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb