Why is my phone not working after a hard reset is done and it displays sad smiley and goes off?

Tshering Penjor

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
why my phone is not working after hard reset done and it display sad smiley and go off

I went for hard reset in microsoft lumia 535, after spinning gear it display sad smiley :-( and go off. when i switch on my phone it give same problem and now my phone is not working please help me to solve the problem.

here the steps i went for hard reset, is this correct.
-press power button
-press volume down until exclamation point shows
then press following sequence:
-volume up- > volume down- >power - >volume down
after done all these my phone is not working as i mention above.
please help me...

thank you

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: why my phone is not working after hard reset done and it display sad smiley and go off

The only thing that can help you right now is the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Download that on your desktop PC and connect your phone to your PC.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Windows/Lumia Recovery Tool, that's the only way. When you were attempting a hard-reset, that process must have been interrupted.

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: why my phone is not working after hard reset done and it display sad smiley and go off

Dowload the Windows Device Recovery tool (bing it) on your PC, install it, connect your phone to the PC, and run the tool. Follow the on screen instructions. It will generally take some time to download the file (~1.5GB), depending on you internet speed.

All this while keep your phone connected to your PC. This should fix the issue.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the reason why this is happening is because previously when a hard-reset was performed or during an update..the process was interrupted. Hence the problem. So you need to use Windows Phone Recovery Tool

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett