headphones compatibility with lumia 640

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have sony mdr-xb30. Does it work with lumia 640. Cause i checked with lumia 630 and it didn't work. I'm thinking of buying it. It's the only deciding factor for me. Plz help.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Generally, that's how it's supposed to work. But i was surprised when my sony mdr-xb30 didn't work on lumia 630 and when i contacted Microsoft and sony support both of them didn't give me a proper answer, and they just said some headsets are not compatible. They were talking about AHJ (AMERICAN HEADSET JACK) model headsets and another type, which i don't remember now. The said it's because of that type incompatibility. That's why I'm truing to get a confirmation before making a purchase. I'm impressed with everything else about the phone. Thanks for your reply by the way

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi thanks a lot for the information. This is exactly what I'm looking for and glad to know there are connectors which I can use to connect any type of headset or headphones. By the way, i would like to know what different brands of headsets that people are using with lumia 640, which are working without any problems. Once again thanks a lot for the info. I'm not a tech savvy but techcurious :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That really bugs me when brands make headphones with different jacks. Whoever came up with adapters is a genius though! Id be lost without my sd card adapter.

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for that. Now i gotta find out whether my xb-ex30 is AHJ standard or not :D. Step by step towards buying new mobile....

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey, thanks for that. Now i gotta find out whether my xb-ex30 is AHJ standard or not :D. Step by step towards buying new mobile....

So very exciting times ahead. Was in the same position you are three weeks ago when i first spotted my 640XL omg I couldn't sit still lol. Thanks to the windows central community for their feedback as I threw a topic up on here the positive and negative's on the phablet and they were very accommodating. So excited for you have my baby over a week now.

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
True. Couldn't really wait to lay my hands on it. All the reviews and everything seems really good. It's already in the cart, just gonna check it out once i get a confirmation on this. So excited :)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
True. Couldn't really wait to lay my hands on it. All the reviews and everything seems really good. It's already in the cart, just gonna check it out once i get a confirmation on this. So excited :)

If you have time when you get it can you write up your own user review for people wishing to buy the 640 only if you have the time it would be great to add it to the database.

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah definitely. There are a lot of things i understood, along the way. I will pass on my wisdom ;). You are of great help to me actually. Thanks for that. I will definitely post everything i knew.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah definitely. There are a lot of things i understood, along the way. I will pass on my wisdom ;). You are of great help to me actually. Thanks for that. I will definitely post everything i knew.

I am glad to help :) have fun with it though. Really happy for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb