GPS stopped working and is intermittent. :-(

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the GPS receiver system is not working on this phone. I had lots of trouble looking for traffic info yesterday with WAZE, it wouldn't snap to my location. Then on a trip home last night I tried to use Navier HUD and it reported 0 mph. Did not move. GPS not picking up at all. I tried Here and Waze and neither worked. I rebooted and it didn't help. About 30 minutes later I opened up the app again and it worked fine.

So what's my first step? Should I reset my phone from new? (It will download automatically because I use the built-in backup feature).

Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
BLU support is completely worthless. The guy on the phone just told me that it is normal for the GPS to stop working for hours at a time and reset itself and that it won't happen again.

Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
So GPS worked fine for my walk yesterday afternoon (using "Map My Run" app) and also worked fine on "my commute" today. I think this phone just has poor GPS reception. The idea of loading up my Lumia 635 with maps (I have a 16G Micro-SIM in a drawer not doing anything) and leaving it in my car as a dedicated GPS is somewhat compelling. Problem is I like Waze much better than Here+. Even if Waze doesn't work I like MapQuest better than Here+ also.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett