So my Lumia 820 seems to kick the bucket after 2 years of continuous service. It might be the USB connector, but as of now, the phone can not be charged. Shops in my area may ask for 30+ to fix/replace the connector, which is kind of equal to a robbery if you think about it...

So yeah, given it's quite an old model, I might as well just buy a new one. It is not worth the amount of money the repair would actually cost. And I expect more issues coming up in the future given its age...no matter how I look at the matter, I'll have to jump ships.
    Good news though, with Windows 10 on the corner, I'm planning to stick with the platform as I got quite fond of the Metro style.

What I liked about my Lumia 820:
    - relatively small, no shield-sized phone like Samsung, etc
    - removable battery!!
    - relatively good specs >> it used to be a really nice (and pricy!) phone back in the days with 1GB RAM. That is something I'd like to have in my upcoming new device as I might occasionally play some games in my free time.

So yeah, no "tablets" and it would be nice to have some decent hardware built inside - at least RAM wise.
    Oh, and the cost should be also around mid-level, but of course I might be willing to go that extra mile if the phone grows on me.
    But not going for "flagships" or any high-end device on the market.

I would really appreciate your feedback as right now, I'm stuck with a 5800 Epress music (that still works btw! - impressive), which is a kind of a ...hm...drawback so to speak :D

So yeah, thanks in advance for your input!!
    08-26-2015 02:56 PM
    I have been a 820 user for the past 2 1/2 years, however mine still works like the day I bought it. I have only replaced the battery in it. When the 640 came out I went by a Cricket store and took a try out with the one they had on display. I was very impressed with the phone and the $100 price. I bought one and have been using it for the past month. The 820 and the 640 preform about the same. But the 640 has a much larger screen, a excellent screen to boot, and it lasts between 2 and 2 1/2 days on a charge. I have no regrets getting the 640 and I still have my 820 as a excellent backup. I highly recommend the 640 as a daily phone.
    08-26-2015 04:11 PM
    I have been a 820 user for the past 2 1/2 years, however mine still works like the day I bought it. I have only replaced the battery in it. When the 640 came out I went by a Cricket store and took a try out with the one they had on display. I was very impressed with the phone and the $100 price. I bought one and have been using it for the past month. The 820 and the 640 preform about the same. But the 640 has a much larger screen, a excellent screen to boot, and it lasts between 2 and 2 1/2 days on a charge. I have no regrets getting the 640 and I still have my 820 as a excellent backup. I highly recommend the 640 as a daily phone.
    I'm not exactly fond of the phone's shape (round edges) - I know, I'm terribly picky :)
    I was thinking about the Lumia 730/735 maybe. Does anyone have any experience with those phones?

just noticed that the 730 has a 6.7MP camp while the 820 has a 8MP one. Interesting...
    08-27-2015 12:08 AM