Is a Lumia 735 a good replacement for my Lumia 820?

skugg

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My Lumia 820 just kicked the bucket a few days ago - the USB port has been messed up and as of now it seems that the cost of repairing would actually exceed the phone's current price, so it might actually not even be worth fixing it.

I'm looking for a replacement phone as I fell in love with Microsoft's Metro style.

What I really loved about my Lumia 820:
- not a HUGE phone >> I'm not looking for a "shield", but a phone that I can hold in my handsc omfortably
- simple but elegant design >> I liked the rectangular design as I' not so fond of the round edges (that's why I'm not interested in the 640)
- somewhat good specs >> loved the 1GB RAM as I sometimes play games in my free time on the phone
- decent camera

What I'm looking for:
- good quality component-wise >> no weird sounds coming from cheap components (f.ex.: plastic back, etc)
- decent battery life >> my 820 was not that good at this, granted it was more than 2 years old
- decent sound on headphones >> I listen to music almost everyday when travelling
- generally good for watching vids and stuff >> I don't want to watch movies or anything long, but a few youtube videos here and there. not expecting it to be or act as a tablet, but I would be nice if watching videos would not be a pain in the rear :)
- oh and most importantly price can unfortunately be an issue >> I'm not going for flagships or anythin, so only "affordable" phones can be taken into account

Think that would be all.

Thank you in advance for your input!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786