930 Camera shake

Vishca

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Recently when I activate the camera on my 930 the camera begins
to shake becoming unstable. The shaking is also accompanied by a strange sound,which is intermittent. Has anyone had this issue, I have hard reset the phone however the problem continues.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware problem. Could be something as simple as a loose part in the camera module. Or it could be a broken part that needs to be replaced. Is the device under warranty?

Vishca

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for responding, the phone is out of warranty now,bought as unwanted upgraded at time of realise, but will look into getting it repaired. I enjoy the 930 and don't want to have to upgrade as yet.

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes i have seen this problem before but it was on a *blegh iPhone 6 plus.
It had a lot of dust in the camera so the OIS got stuk and started to vibrate and the whole image was shaking but only in the vertical position. when you lay down the Phone on the table it was gone.
The way i fixed it was by opening the Phone and blew compressed air on and around the camera. Worst case is a Camera replacement :(

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I seem to be having the same issue with my 930. I tried opening it up and cleaning it up a bit but I didn't find any obvious problems. I think I need to replace the camera module but I'm not exactly sure where to get a replacement. There are tons on eBay of course but they all seem to be generic replacements. Does it matter? Must I seek out an "original" or are they all basically the same?

Curious if anyone here as replaced a 930/1520 camera module and what their experience was.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss