Announced Specs & Features of the Acer Liquid M320

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it is killer how Acer is jumping into Windows 10 Mobile. More representation around the globe. It's a good thing.

G-malien

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Acer Liquid m220. $99 for a dual-core Snapdragon 200, 1 GB ram, 8GB internal storage, dual-SIM, 4" screen.

The screen (and cameras) are garbage (well OK the front camera isn't bad for, say, Skyping, but the rear camera has far too much noise for still pics and isn't much better than a potato. In a well-lit environment, video recording via rear camera might be OK), and it only supports 3.5G, but it's Windows 10-ready. If you're like me and you're looking for your first Windows 'starter phone', don't want to spend a lot, want something small, and generally only make calls and texts, this phone will suffice. Word of warning though.. this is the worst screen I've seen on any mobile device. Ever. Horrific viewing angles, washed out, poor contrast, low brightness, too reflective. Be prepared for the suck if you intend to view the screen in sunlight, lol. Just keep your expectations in check. Remember, it's a $99 device.

This seems to be the only model of WP that's sub-$200 in Canada with 1 GB ram/8GB storage (and supports more than 2G), which at the moment seems to be the minimum required for Windows 10 support, though that may change. At any rate, Acer has promised that Win 10 will be available for this device. I, however, mistakenly bought this phone, thinking I'd have a cheap device to preview Windows 10 on, via the Insider Program. Oops. Instead, I should have gone with...

the Lumia 640 (from Expansys.ca), which is $236. It goes without saying that this would be a far superior device compared to the Acer m220. Better screen and cameras by far, faster processor (quad core Snap 400), higher capacity battery and LTE support. This may be my next phone (if I don't go back to Android), as I doubt anything better will come out of Microsoft or from anyone else at that price anytime soon... not for the Canadian market, anyhow (us Canucks get the shaft when it comes to Windows Phones).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss