Lumia 640 lte restarts or freezes

Neil Cannadine

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, My Lumia 640 will connect at work to WiFi and elsewhere but at home it continually freezes or restarts. If I manage to get in quick and switch off the WiFi on the phone it works perfectly well, or if I move out of range, the instant it connects again the problems re-appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil Cannadine

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Its brand new out of the box form my employer, and it didnt update and there are no updtaes available. not entirely sure what WinXM is either!

vipme

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
What band does your router emit the WiFi signal at, (b, g, n,) or a combination of them?
Try switching between them and see what happens.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, My Lumia 640 will connect at work to WiFi and elsewhere but at home it continually freezes or restarts. If I manage to get in quick and switch off the WiFi on the phone it works perfectly well, or if I move out of range, the instant it connects again the problems re-appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I am not sure if same is my wife's phone would boot up, freeze, reboot and repeat. I went thru 3 phones, finally on 3rd phone I happened to turn off WiFi right before froze and worked from then on. I flipped WiFi back on and soon as started connecting phone locked, rebooted. I was able to turn back off again. After 1 week all good, except no WiFi... luckily she doesn't use much data.

Neil Cannadine

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure if same is my wife's phone would boot up, freeze, reboot and repeat. I went thru 3 phones, finally on 3rd phone I happened to turn off WiFi right before froze and worked from then on. I flipped WiFi back on and soon as started connecting phone locked, rebooted. I was able to turn back off again. After 1 week all good, except no WiFi... luckily she doesn't use much data.

Looks like we have the same problem!! Strange thing is the WiFi elsewhere seems fine. Will try the suggestion above with regards the band but really shouldn't have to, no other devices, which there are many, have had any problems connecting to my WiFi, not impressed so far!

Using a ZTE router.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Let me know if works...scared to mess with it after the 2 weeks of hell I had..lol. Same as you, I have used several other windows phone on my wifi, no issue, HTC one m8, lumia 635, lumia 521, lumia 925, none had any problem on wifi.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually having similar issues but since I'm running Windows mobile 10, thought it was related to that. My 640 will come to screeching halt when it's switching radio bands (LTE to Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi to LTE, and recently no LTE to LTE). I was about to switch back to 8.1 and upgrade again but no I'm wondering if its a firmware issue???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb