Tempered glass protector

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Switched back to my 1020 and cant seem to find a tempered glass screen protector on Amazon that's recommended, wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If I may suggest, look up liquid screen protectors. I'm using one on my L1020, and it seems to perform as advertised (against scratches, fingerprints, reduction of glare/reflection). This is not a tempered glass screen protector, but in my opinion liquid screen protectors are in many ways better than tempered glass add-ons. Specifically, I've got Kristall Liquid screen protector on my L1020 and a handful of other phones that belong to those in my immediate vicinity. Have a look at the reviews and video demonstrations online. One of the things I like about it is that it can be applied on any device - unlike tempered glass protectors that need to have a specific shape/size for each model - considering that the L1020 is a bit rare and old, finding L1020-specific accessories at this point in time may be a bit of a challenge.

However, if you insist on tempered glass screen protectors, you may move along untouched by my post. :smile:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, that's an interesting suggestion. How long have you had the liquid protector applied? Any drawbacks you have noticed?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had it installed on my L1020 (and the other phones mentioned) for over two weeks now. I haven't noticed/observed any drawbacks yet. Touch sensitivity wasn't affected. Screen readability has improved. Finger prints still adhere to the surface, though it takes a lot more oil this time - and it's easier to clean the screen now. I haven't (and have no intention) of testing scratch and impact resistance - but other more generous users have uploaded user reviews in the web demonstrating the resilience of the screen after applying this particular liquid screen protector... the glass won't become bullet proof, of course.

Theoretically, I suppose the only drawback (particular to the L1020) is that the silver-coated anti-bacterial screen will be covered by this material, so the screen won't be as "sterile" as intended. There is no mention about the anti-bacterial properties of the liquid screen protector.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Finding a good one will be tough since its screen isle isn't completely flat.

I got one for my old Lumia 1020 (now owned by my wife) and it kinda spills over a bit to where we can see mild imperfections even though they downsized it for the sake of dodging the screen curvature.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had it installed on my L1020 (and the other phones mentioned) for over two weeks now. I haven't noticed/observed any drawbacks yet. Touch sensitivity wasn't affected. Screen readability has improved. Finger prints still adhere to the surface, though it takes a lot more oil this time - and it's easier to clean the screen now. I haven't (and have no intention) of testing scratch and impact resistance - but other more generous users have uploaded user reviews in the web demonstrating the resilience of the screen after applying this particular liquid screen protector... the glass won't become bullet proof, of course.

Theoretically, I suppose the only drawback (particular to the L1020) is that the silver-coated anti-bacterial screen will be covered by this material, so the screen won't be as "sterile" as intended. There is no mention about the anti-bacterial properties of the liquid screen protector.

Thanks for your feedback. I had already done some research after you first recommendation (found a very interesting video by Linus Tech Tips) and ordered one from amazon which came yesterday which I've now applied. So I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

Finding a good one will be tough since its screen isle isn't completely flat.

I got one for my old Lumia 1020 (now owned by my wife) and it kinda spills over a bit to where we can see mild imperfections even though they downsized it for the sake of dodging the screen curvature.

Well actually finding one seems quite the task right now, amazon has only a few listed. Anyway, giving the liquid screen protector a try now so hopefully that works well enough. Thanks for you input.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your feedback. I had already done some research after you first recommendation (found a very interesting video by Linus Tech Tips) and ordered one from amazon which came yesterday which I've now applied. So I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

That's a handful of events (research, order, delivery and receipt, then finally the application) in such a short period of time. :cool: Do let us know how it goes - mine is holding up well so far.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That's a handful of events (research, order, delivery and receipt, then finally the application) in such a short period of time. :cool: Do let us know how it goes - mine is holding up well so far.

Blame amazon prime for that! 😊 I'll be sure to post feedback after a few days.

WP_20150907_07_45_39_Pro.jpg

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So here's an update on my experience with this. I applied the liquid screen protector back in September and the first thing I noticed was the highly polished look it gave the screen after applying. The screen seemed to be more vibrant and clearer than it was previously and also a bit more resistant to fingerprints. No scratches were evident so the screen looked quite nice overall.

3 months later pretty much the same holds true, screen still looks great, no scratches and fingerprints are reduced. Only caveat is regarding scratches as I am generally careful with my phones and keep them in my pockets by themselves so I'm not 100% sure how effective it is for preventing scratches. Overall though I'm happy with this screen protector and though I have no real proof of its effectiveness against minor physical damage (apart from drops) I feel pretty good about having this as my only protection on my 1020.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb