Lumia 640XL Gorilla Glass screen, what is the level of the screen?

wphilal

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640XL Gorilla Glass screen

Hi all,

Recently i bought the Lumia 640XL(because i love lumia and love the 640XL), and as you know the phone has gorilla glass 3 as screen protection layer, i want to know if this level of gorilla glass can be scratched or not, because i use my phone softly and really use it with care, but i noticed a small scratch on the screen :( :(.

With my experience with Lumia 1520(has gorilla glass 2) the protection is great and really its anti scratches.

Now i feel i need a screen protector for my 640,and i feel sad :(.

Viva Windows Phone.

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640XL Gorilla Glass screen

Hi,
I keep mine in a lumia CC 3090 flip case for now 4 month and no scratch at all. quite tiny case because part of the phone. so I can put the phone in my front jean pocket or still put in a car in my windscreen holder.
As mentioned the screen is fully protected from tiny scratches but also if the phone fall on the floor. I also get the advantage to see the phone display without any other layer on the top (transparency and finger print)
mUjjBCvIAtM6crijD581MhA.jpg2015-07-24 Lumia 640 XL  020 s.jpg

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Just like RichardTheKing, I always keep my phone (Lumia 1020, which also has Corning Gorilla Glass 3) either inside a case or on top of the case. However, it managed to develop some minor, barely visible hairline scratches in a few months. Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof.

Hence, in addition to keeping your phone in a case as suggested, you may also want to explore using liquid screen protectors - they're more convenient and more universal than thick/bulky tempered glass screen protectors but perform equally well, if not better than tempered glass (some liquid screen protectors, when properly cured, develop a hardness rating of 9-9.5, harder than Sapphire glass but not as hard as diamond).

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

This is what I purchased for my wife and myself. It's the first time we have tried tempered glass. This particular protector covers the entire screen and once it's on (easy to apply if you use a small suction cup and make sure you work dust free) it feels like the original screen. It has an oleophobic coating on it.
But because the phones are new we also have one of the cheaper cases on it, clear - so you can see the color of the phone still.

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

I had a Ghost Armor protective screen put on my Lumia a few days ago.
They now have a matte finish screen which is really great.
Eliminated glare and otherwise is just like no screen at all.
Touches work just as well and you can see the screen just fine.

The glossy screen was one thing I wasn't fond of with the Lumia and now that is fixed.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

This is what I purchased for my wife and myself. It's the first time we have tried tempered glass. This particular protector covers the entire screen and once it's on (easy to apply if you use a small suction cup and make sure you work dust free) it feels like the original screen. It has an oleophobic coating on it.
But because the phones are new we also have one of the cheaper cases on it, clear - so you can see the color of the phone still.

Even I'm using a tampered glass. Can't risk this beautiful screen

Ural Kavraal

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
just use it as it is mate. I hate covers and other stuff. It looks ugly and screen becomes not colorful as used to be. I have never used one and never got a scratch before of my any phones. If you pay for this phone just use it that way. Not with ugly covers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss