Lumia Camera with windows 10

mestari

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
Is there any way to get Lumia Camera or even old Nokia Camera back on windows 10 mobile? I tried hard resetting, but it didn't come back. 1020's camera is totally useless with stock windows 10 camera app...

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
There is no way I am afraid

Not exactly correct, if you have an AT&T version of the 1020 it comes back after a hard reset and no restore (start fresh). Lucky for me this is the version that I have and it comes back every time (I'm guessing because it's part of the firmware from AT&T). And actually it comes back as Nokia Camera and then updates to Lumia Camera through the store...

Otherwise this statement is correct, although I do wonder if you could sideload it... I haven't tried that though.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Not true. Search Lumia Camera beta and you can install a newer than official build of Lumia Camera 5 on W10. Much more stable with new OS with working in app gallery but no rich tone.

Have you actually tried this? It does allow you to down and install the Lumia Camera beta, but it fails to start with a message saying you need to "upgrade" your phone.

I've tried sideloading a few versions of the Lumia Camera, but no luck so far, unfortunately. Hopefully they add more support for the 1020 in the Microsoft Camera soon.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you actually tried this? It does allow you to down and install the Lumia Camera beta, but it fails to start with a message saying you need to "upgrade" your phone.

I've tried sideloading a few versions of the Lumia Camera, but no luck so far, unfortunately. Hopefully they add more support for the 1020 in the Microsoft Camera soon.

Yes. It's running flawlessly on my Lumia 1520 running latest w10 build. It's because Lumia Camera isn't supported on the 1020.

rkarolak

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It's running flawlessly on my Lumia 1520 running latest w10 build. It's because Lumia Camera isn't supported on the 1020.

Just to clarify, Lumia Camera is/was supported with the 1020 in 8.1. The current Lumia Camera Beta does not work at all, and Window Camera doesn't support the 1020's RAW yet.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
It is coming back!

"We also wanted to talk a little bit about Lumia 1020 camera features on Windows 10. Owners of the Lumia 1020 love using their phone?s amazing camera to capture high-fidelity photos and videos. If you recently upgraded your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 10 Insider Preview build, you might have been disappointed that your camera wasn?t working like you expect. Many of the Lumia 1020?s camera features, like 41MP capture and DNG files, only work with the Lumia Camera app. While the app works with Windows 10 Mobile, it won?t be available for download from the Store until later this fall."

Source

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It is coming back!

"We also wanted to talk a little bit about Lumia 1020 camera features on Windows 10. Owners of the Lumia 1020 love using their phone’s amazing camera to capture high-fidelity photos and videos. If you recently upgraded your Lumia 1020 to a Windows 10 Insider Preview build, you might have been disappointed that your camera wasn’t working like you expect. Many of the Lumia 1020’s camera features, like 41MP capture and DNG files, only work with the Lumia Camera app. While the app works with Windows 10 Mobile, it won’t be available for download from the Store until later this fall."

Source

I saw this and I almost had a heart attack! This was the dumbest move by Microsoft to discontinue Lumia Camera (apparently that also means though that Windows Camera won't support DNG....). Anyways, I'm on the latest TP and still enjoying Lumia Camera :)

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have been using Windows Mobile 10 10536 build for some time and just as the rest of Lumia 1020 owners, I was disappointed that raw shooting is missing on Win 10. But, last night due to some reason I had to reset my phone and I did not restore from my backup. I just started installing apps from My Library link in the store and to my surprise I found Lumia Camera Classic there I thought it will not work but installed it anyway and found it to be working. So now LUMIA CAMERA CLASSIC WORKS ON WIN 10 MOBILE. Go ahead and install it and shoot in raw!!

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
My store doesn't find anything under LUMIA CAMERA CLASSIC, but i do have 2 different stock cameras on my L930. So windows camera and lumia camera probably right? Rich capture, 4k and things inside....

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm back in the game with preview builds.
Just shot a few RAW / DNG images using Lumia Camera on build 10581, did a hard reset and all.
Just needed to install from store.

So I guess it's back! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon