Overheats when playing games

Ali AlAttab

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
As soon as I play a game, no matter how much battery life I have, the phone overheats and then says battery low and shuts down immediately. As soon as I turn in back on afterwards, battery life is still fine but doesn't change though I use the phone till phone cools down. It suddenly started to happen, I didn't update or did anything suspicious.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Check the battery saver app to see if any apps are using too much battery.. Did you install any new apps/games recently? Removing them and soft resetting might help

Edit: Keep us updated

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Yep - typical symptoms of a failing battery. Its internal resistance rises, so it gets hot when you draw a lot of current from it. The voltage output drops and the phone either declares it as having a low charge, or just switches off immediately.

When you restart the phone it only draws a small current until you start gaming again. The small current from the battery means not much voltage is lost across its internal resistance, so the phone sees a healthy voltage and declares the battery to be well charged. Next time you start playing a game the current draw increases, the battery voltage drops, the battery gets hot, and it all repeats.

A new battery will fix it.

Note: the battery charge indication is only reliable when the battery is good and healthy. A failing battery will not give reliable charge readings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs