There is a way to definitely fix the purple screen on Lumia 930?

gianluca212

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I bought a Lumia 930 three weeks ago. Since my purchase, I found that the display had something wrong: a purple hue on greys when brightness is low. I updated the phone and the situation got better (anyway not perfect) but three days ago I brought the phone to and autorized Microsoft Care, because of the camera button, that stopped working. Yesterday I picked back the phone and the purple hue is back. The phone is fully updated.
How it's possible that a high range phone, like the 930, could be affected by a problem like this? Why Microsoft don't release an update that finally fix the problem? I also tried to calibrate the display in the "display" setting, but it didn't fix the problem.
There is a way to fix this goddamn problem?

Greetings from Italy!

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes there is, i had a terrible screen with lots of uneven whites (purpleish) and especially in the alarm settings the gray background had big purple smudges in it.

I work at a smartphone repair shop so ordered a new screen for myself and replaced it. it actually took me 2 screens before i got one with minimal purple tint in it and everytime it was on diffrent spots.
The guys saying it's a software problem don't know what they are talking about. It's AMOLED technology and this is one of the flaws in it.
Microsoft "tweaked" cheated color profiles. when switching brightness settings you can see the gray parts turn greenish to hide the purple.

Just bad QC on the screens and it's an older AMOLED technology were stuck with. If you really want a good AMOLED screen you have togo to samsung since they are king of this technology, LG also has much better ones.

So yeah i'm sorry this is the answer and probably not the one you hoped for. I really wish it was a software problem but it's definitly not.

gianluca212

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm speechless. Microsoft should learn how to test their displays before selling them. My old 925 suffered of a yellowish white screen, nothing strange, it's a caratheristic of AMOLED display. I also owned a NEXUS and it was the same.
Thanks for your answer, have a nice day!

Makubex1980

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well it might not be Microsofts fault since it's a Nokia. So basicly Nokia made the hardware decisions and MSFT does the software part.
But yeah it was one of the last Nokia phones so maybe they got a bit cheap on the QC department. Hopefully the 950 has a better AMOLED manufacturer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos