Repair help??no side button control

thecozz1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I had to replace the flash module in my 1020. Transplanted the new one in no issue. Reassemble and I cant turn phone on???
So I have an idea to force a reboot and plug phone into charger. Vola..phone starts and everything work fine except.....

Still no side button control. Volume, on/off and camera buttons dont work...

Camera works via software boot and new zenon works.

Any idea how I lost side buttons control and how to recover it? I can't turn phone off or reboot, as like I said, no side.button control.

Thanks
Craig

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I can't help with the side buttons, but there are apps in the store that can help with locking the phone and volume control (try: quick controls)

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The permanent solution is to search how to disassemble the phone. And buy the side button flex on ebay and change the part, otherwise just replug the side button flex

thecozz1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, ya that sounds kinda obvious and I appreciate the response. I guess I was hoping someone might have a magic bullet answer of some trick I may have missed during the reassembly.
I do have the full service manual.
I just can't recall doing anything wrong during the disassembly and reassembly that would damage the the side button flex.
Oh well, eBay again for more parts......

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion