Random re-boots on 1020 lately?

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 1020 on AT&T, OS 8.10.14219.341. I'm having to deal with many random reboots lately. Any insight, comments, etc. would be appreciated.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check for updates, my Lumia 1020 is already running 8.10.14226.359 - you're running the version I used to run. I used to encounter a lot more "random reboots", but they were significantly reduced after the update. Technically, however, they're not really random after the update - it happens almost every time I let the phone perform "heavily", running a lot of memory-heavy apps/activities at the same time.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
That's most likely because your phone is still locked (is it?) to AT&T - carriers are known for delaying the release of updates to their phones. I'm afraid all we can do now is wait... unless you're willing to wipe your phone to a clean state (hard reset - will remove all your personal files and apps, but most can be restored once you log in with the same Microsoft Account).

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I found with Update 1 having Bluetooth enabled would cause apps to try and load and eventually reboot. May not apply here but if you do use BT a lot try toggling it off then back on a few times during the day.

muddyblackdog

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting - when I said "lately," I now am thinking that the rise of the reboots roughly coincided with me finally getting another bluetooth headset. I will see what happens if I turn it (bluetooth) on only when needed, Thanks very much for offering this insight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon