Loose front glass

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a L925 where the top half of the glass is peeling away from the frame. I've tried to heat it with a hair dryer and clamp it back down, but it doesn't hold. Does anyone know what kind of adhesive is used in securing the glass? Looks like I'll have to completely remove it and reseat the glass.... thanks!

P.S. The glass works fine (you have to hold the top down for double-tap to work, but it does work), the glass is jsut coming away from the frame.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
THAT is a tricky thing to do. If any of that adhesive gets spread into the wrong area, it will ruin it all for you.

Here's the thing, a very small amount of adhesive, when applied to glass, will spread extremely thin under pressure and will attempt to cover as much of the surface of the glass as it can. The application takes place in the factory and has to be done by machine, because doing by hand will ruin it pretty much every time. Finding out what type of adhesive is one thing. Figuring out how to properly apply it can end up ruining the phone.

Also, the adhesive is rather expensive because you have to purchase enough to do hundreds of phones. It is actually cheaper in most cases to purchase a new glass with the adhesive already installed. For a 925, that's what I'd look into.

If it's just the front screen glass, I'd look at this one, adhesive pre-applied: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-F...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3231155

That sounds like what you're looking for, anyway. Plus, for $6.12 and free shipping, it comes with the tools you need to get the job done.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed this. Didn't realize they made a double-sided tape for it. But you might want to look at this also.
http://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Noki...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3231155

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you have any luck? I pulled out my 925 after a couple of months of dormancy and it is showing the same issues, the top of the screen is loose. It's especially annoying since I see that proximity sensor is always off when the screen is loose and douple tap to wake won't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium