How To: Flash ATT Lumia 830 (RM-983) with 8.1 Update 2 and Proper Denim

Status
Not open for further replies.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
but you have an AT&T lumia on cricket, so that makes sense. I have an AT&T 830 on AT&T, and it's not working. granted, i am using a chopped up to fit sim.

Is Calls+ included in the FFU, or was it restored with your backup?

Seems like I remember manually installing it on my phone.

You can still change call forwarding and voicemail settings in the Phone app settings menu.

akiebuz

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have Call+ installed. I am having problems with Call Forwarding directly from the Phone App settings menu. I have also tried the special codes for AT&T (**21*) and these also do not work.

Charles Pool

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I am also not able to turn call forwarding on or off after updating my phone. Nothing works: entering the codes, using the phone app settings, call+, and network+.

(As a work-around, if you are stuck, you can call ATT customer service they can enable/disable call forwarding over the phone.)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I am also not able to turn call forwarding on or off after updating my phone. Nothing works: entering the codes, using the phone app settings, call+, and network+.

(As a work-around, if you are stuck, you can call ATT customer service they can enable/disable call forwarding over the phone.)

using the phone app and network+ work for me, calls+ is the sole spaz.

Correction.... Call forwarding part in the phone app errors out, and wall waiting page in the network+ setting errors out. So, pulling settings from AT&T seem to crap out. So is this the reason for AT&T's hold on this firmware?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150923_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150923_0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20150923_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20150923_0002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20150923_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20150923_0003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

L0rdG1gabyt3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I just had a quick question.
I want to flash my phone, but I'm not finding the RM-983 (Nokia Lumia 830) listed. I have the RM-983 (Nokia RM-983).
I created the paths that were told, "C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-983", and inside this folder are the 16 items from the archive. Am I missing something here? The care suite is detecting my phone as the RM-983.
I just want to be on the side of caution in case something goes wrong.

brainchild

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The model variant for ATT is the RM-983. This is correct. I flashed my phone last night and it went well. Do a hard reset after the initial flash/setup.

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Success!!!

Took me a little over an hour to backup my phone and then update everything but I now have proper Denim and Update 2 on my AT&T Lumia 830. No issues so far. Did a hard reset after flashing and then restored from a recent backup. Not sure about issues with Call Waiting yet but I hardly ever need it and that wasn't worth waiting all year on the OTA update from AT&T! :angry:

Now to finish setting up the rest of my apps and I will play around with Lumia Camera 5 tomorrow.

Big thanks to user Derausgewanderte and everyone else here that helped contribute to the steps involved and files needed to flash the update! :smile:

wp_ss_20150925_0001.jpgwp_ss_20150925_0002.jpg

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I haven't really done extensive testing, but I will say that, after playing with a bit yesterday, this is a nice update for this phone.

Thanks to the OP and other contributors that hosted the files. This is really a good thing for folks stuck on ATT.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When you folks write about backing up before installing the Denim update,mare you referring to the Backup function in Settings? I have everything set to Backup On, is there anything else I should do before flashing the Denim update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
When you folks write about backing up before installing the Denim update,mare you referring to the Backup function in Settings? I have everything set to Backup On, is there anything else I should do before flashing the Denim update?

Never hurts to do a manual one before flash, just in case. That is what folks are referring to.

sbtpdx

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Meanwhile MS again shows its lack of shame/understanding/etc. After owning my 830 for nearly a year, today I received out of the blue a "Welcome to Lumia!" email. It had a link to keep my software "up to date". Of course it led to the usual site that shows only the 985 variant. Grr. I did use the feedback option to vent my frustration, but we all know that goes nowhere of any use. I'm waiting to get enough time to take advantage of the download posted by the generous folks on this thread. Meanwhile I'm practicing for the end of my contract: "NEVER buy another locked phone!"

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I didn't get the chance to grab the updated from WPRT before they yanked up, so now I get to put my wife's 830 on the proper software that was expected when the phone was released. I really do think that it's complete BS that ATT didn't release this update. As if it wasn't enough they charged an arm and leg for it, then didn't even update it with all the proper features.

Gary Jones9

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
First, thank you for posting this. I'm a little late to the party here, but it looks like the files are still available. I'm having a couple of issues i hope you can help with. In the NokiaCare instructions, when I get to 5. Choose RM-983 (Nokia Lumia 830) all I see is RM-983 (RM-983). I choose that and proceed with the steps, but when I get to step 8. I don't see any packages under properties. I've tried this a couple of times, using both my laptop and my PC, and always get the same result.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should try next? There is probably something very obvious that I'm missing...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon