Is anyone else's microUSB failing/broken?

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
After about two years, my microUSB port is corking out on me. I need to wiggle it to get it charging, and I need to push the plug on an angle to connect it to a computer. This is actually the first time I've had a port break like this, and of all companies it's Nokia. My friend's 1020 is also going the same route. Anyone else having this issue too?

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i haven't fortunately, i have always used wireless charging, so haven't really ever used the micro usb, hopefully it will last for all time cause of lack of use *fingers crossed*

the part may be cheap, but out of warranty service for the replacement, will be much more than $5! :(

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I thought I had a port issue a few months ago, and it turned out to be a bad cable plug. Make sure by trying another cable. Mine still works as new, and I plug it in every night, plus regularly in my car. Good luck with yours.

raggedy b

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Probably not your problem,use wireless charging at night but went to use the micro usb when I was on the bike the other day and the lead wouldn't plug in properly and thought it was broken turned out the port was full of fluff and rubbish where the phone sits in my pocket,used a needle to dig out quite a lot of rubbish and then it went in fully and worked,just a thought

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought I had a port issue a few months ago, and it turned out to be a bad cable plug. Make sure by trying another cable. Mine still works as new, and I plug it in every night, plus regularly in my car. Good luck with yours.

I've tried several cables and narrowed it down to the plug itself :( I'm going to put it down to the fact that my phone has been sent in for repair a few times and it's just come loose. I don't usually plug in my phone a lot (not any more often than my old iOS device which was several times a day) so I'm surprised that it's breaking.

Well it's nearly new phone time for me anyways so I'll just live with it for another month or so till some new devices come out :p

mestari

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Charging works fine for me, but when trying to plug 1020 into computer it just keeps disconnecting and connecting again. Are you using windows 10 mobile? My usb started acting weird after win10..

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Charging works fine for me, but when trying to plug 1020 into computer it just keeps disconnecting and connecting again. Are you using windows 10 mobile? My usb started acting weird after win10..

I was on W10M for a while but it only started playing up after being on 8.1 for a bit. The plug itself is wobbly for me, which suggests the plug is becoming detached from the motherboard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa