Build 10536 on Lumia 930

Abishek Robinson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Planning to install the recent build in my Lumia 930, which is my daily driver. Would you recommend that? Is there any issue using the dedicated camera button? Is there any issue installing apps, making calls, using WhatsApp Facebook, watching movies, music player, messaging,...?

I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, the experience can vary widely. People have been OK, others got a nightmare, etc.
I think its worth trying as long as you can excuse small quirks and are OK with erasing your phone in case the worst happens.

Abishek Robinson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The last build I tried was 10080. It was hectic. Had so many issues. Frustrated and rolled back to 8.1 update 2 and decided not to try w10 till official release. Fingers crossed and waiting for the public release. But they are not going to release any sooner. So gave a thought of trying the recent build. Even though the feedback from most of the Lumia users are positive, feedback from Nokia users is highly appreciated because the hardware specification of Nokia devices is different. The OS should be able to work smoothly with a dedicated camera button and the dedicated navigation keys.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I would say yes, without thinking twice, using it sa daily driver on my 930 since build 512 without any serious issue, some minor problems and glitches here and there and so great battery life, but that's something I can live with... Can't even imagine myself switching back to 8.1 :D

Abishek Robinson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I would say yes, without thinking twice, using it sa daily driver on my 930 since build 512 without any serious issue, some minor problems and glitches here and there and so great battery life, but that's something I can live with... Can't even imagine myself switching back to 8.1 :D

Great... I'll give it a try then..

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Great... I'll give it a try then..

This build I wouldn't recommend as it really drains battery plus it leaves your phone extra hot! Got a L930 and that steal frame kinda burns up! WhatsApp can't find files yet on the system, so you have to share them using the system share menu, but that's WhatsApp's fault and affects everyone I guess... Else, it's perfect. But when it heats up it can't process at the same speeds and it slows down sometimes even restarts on it's own, so I leave it to cool... 4G makes it burn like fire! So does games...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Quite opposite experience here, not having so much problems on my 930, not at all, I even managed to greatly improve battery performance and reduce heating as well. Speaking about WhatsApp, its beta variant getting better and better and more optimized for W10M with every new release... So once again, I would recommend it to anyone who own hardware powerful enough to run it properly...

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Brutal on my 930. So many freezes and glitches in gallery. Battery is terrible. Last build ran better than this. :(

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Quite opposite experience here, not having so much problems on my 930, not at all, I even managed to greatly improve battery performance and reduce heating as well. Speaking about WhatsApp, its beta variant getting better and better and more optimized for W10M with every new release... So once again, I would recommend it to anyone who own hardware powerful enough to run it properly...

You're in in the 39% that are satisfied with this build. I have a L930 and this build sucks on it, doesn't mean yours should be the same, but if you look the post from the other guy you'll see I'm not alone. About 45% of everyone who installed and participated in the WCentral pool were not satisfied, mostly because of battery draining which is a consequence of heating. The system slowing down and crashing every now and then is also a consequence of heating. Probably some bug with processing data. Now if he wants to install it, he should keep in mind that there's a slight chance he won't be as lucky as you.
Also as this bug wasn't there on the 10512 build, I suggest waiting for the next, it will be fixed by then.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
he should keep in mind that there's a slight chance he won't be as lucky as you.
I just can't suggest that, I still believe he should give a try and than easily switch back to 8.1 if he will fall among those who aren't lucky enough....

By the way, if it really sucks that much on your L930 than you should perform hard reset and give it a fresh start....give it a chance, you'll not be sorry, just kidding of course :D :D :D I just can't believe that some people having so much problems while I'm quite satisfied with this build :D

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I just can't suggest that, I still believe he should give a try and than easily switch back to 8.1 if he will fall among those who aren't lucky enough....

By the way, if it really sucks that much on your L930 than you should perform hard reset and give it a fresh start....give it a chance, you'll not be sorry, just kidding of course :D :D :D I just can't believe that some people having so much problems while I'm quite satisfied with this build :D

I've been part of the insider program since the earliest build and I've restored my phone countless times, there's no need to go though it again, backing up all the data and then restoring it, specially if your like me and use your phone as a computer, that is just upsetting as a few apps don't backup at all... The phone heating up is a bug, but that's what we do, we report bugs, I'm satisfied with this build as long as you don't count the overheating. And yes, your a "lucky" one, there are more people having the same trouble than people like you.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, I'm also part of insider program since day one and using TP as a daily driver on both of my devices since build 512 without any serious issue (except the quite annoying loading bug on 512) and yes I'm like you, kind of power user who use every aspect of my phone intensively, even hacked it to get access to registry and enable 4 rows of medium tiles on it among few other things :D

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm also part of insider program since day one and using TP as a daily driver on both of my devices since build 512 without any serious issue (except the quite annoying loading bug on 512) and yes I'm like you, kind of power user who use every aspect of my phone intensively, even hacked it to get access to registry and enable 4 rows of medium tiles on it among few other things :D

You know that's not hacking right?

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded my Icon directly from Windows Phone 8.1 and then performed a hard reset after the upgrade. Most things work fine, minor glitches here and there that I'm not too concerned about. The biggest issue is the horrible battery life and heat. My phone was fully charged this morning when I got up at roughly 7 am. About 10 minutes ago I got the critical battery alert which means it lasted less just over 7 hours. There was no game playing and minimal web browsing in that time (less than 20 minutes total). Mostly some occasional email checking, probably 15-20 minutes on the Facebook app, I took one photo and I used a flashlight app for approximately 5 seconds to find a light switch. Very frustrating having to charge so often. I don't however feel like rolling it back so I've just been dealing with it.

Abishek Robinson

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded my L930 to windows 10 mobile directly from W8.1 update 2. Thanks to everyone for your tips, suggestion, feedback and reviews.

After several hours of usage, I'm really satisfied with this OS. I didn't do a hard reset. Still working fine.

What i feel:
1. The UI & font is really pleasing.
2. Found new and essential keyboard for me (Tamil).
3. Battery is draining as quick as it happened in W8.1.2. It drains at the speed of 6% per hour. In W8.1 it was max 3%.
4. Apps take time to load. Which is not a big concern.
5. It is not that much hot as mentioned in the previous feedbacks. Little heat.
6. I think, the smoothness will be improved in the best build.
7. I didn't had any issues in using WhatsApp, Facebook, calls, massaging. Camera in WhatsApp not working. But can upload.
I'm sure, i can use it as daily driver.
8. I miss the app"live lock screen beta" for it's theme although I've alternatives such as "lock mix" "lock screen changer".
9. File explorer is good. But while viewing a picture in camera roll swapping doesn't show the next picture. Have to close the picture and open next. That's quite annoying. Can use the default photos app.
10. Living images can be viewed directly on photos app.
11. All the shortcuts in notification and action centre is functional. We can customise only the last row of it.
12. Microsoft edge is also fine.

If found anything strange or new, I'll update it here.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the performance of W10. It is almost ready for the public release with some minor corrections.

schaeferreiner

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Really good review. The horrible battery life didn?t occur directly after the flash of this version (I also did a clean install). I think, the main responsibility for this are the many background processes. You have to kill them over the settings menu in Privacy. There are many apps, which don?t have the need to use the camera or microphones and so on. Also the feedback option and the background apps of Microsoft will consume battery. Also i think, the screen brightness in automatic mode is too high at this time, but changing it manual is irritating. I hope for the next updates and the final software (after some improvements). The most apps, especially system apps and messaging, starting immediately, the design is fantastic, the MS Apps like edge, groove and photos are becoming better with every update. I?m happy with this version, but i have always my cable with me. So i am able to load it in-between.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos