Phone not booting, how can i fix that?

Stargate85

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
yesterday I received my new Blu Win HD LTE phone. After some hours there was a message that update needs to be installed. I accepted that and since that the phone is not booting any more.
It always get stuck at a screen with a lightening bolt and gear Icon.

I tried already to do a hard reset as described in the sticky notes but I don't get the screen with the big exclamation mark.
However I'm able to access some kind of boot menu where different options are presend like disable secure boot and so on. But also here I'm not able to do anything. I tried to navigate with volume up/down but nothing is happening.

Anybody an idea what I can still do?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Thomas

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I guess you didn't get this fixed?

My phone failed an update and now won't do anything... no vibration, no screen, no charging LED.

Using the USB cable to my PC, there is some form of recognition that a device is being plugged in/out, but the link fails.

I suppose there is no "Windows Recovery Tool" for the Blu Win phones? Mine only comes up with Nokia, HTC, LG as recognised devices.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest contacting BLU if the Hard Reset method fails:

Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down

Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down

You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery. You do loose data, but get your phone back. Sign into your Microsoft Account and restore your backup during the set up.

Unfortunately there is not a desktop recovery tool for BLU Windows Phones.

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
The hard reset won't work as the phone won't even power up. I'll contact Blu and see if there's a means of reflashing a dead phone...

Thanks

kashifsayed

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Any updates? My BLU WIN HD LTE did not turn on after leaving it for charging.

The hard reset won't work as the phone won't even power up. I'll contact Blu and see if there's a means of reflashing a dead phone...

Thanks
With Older firmware ie Windows 8.1 update phone was initially with phone has tendency to power off and not turn on. if you connect to usb port on the PC it will be detected as Qualcomm Dload 9008 something like that. you need to hold the power button for long time. it will turn back on. you need to try with USB cable connected or removed whatever works.

use to happen a lot with mine. after update to 8.1 update 2 it is almost gone.

for flashing. If you can atleast get to light and gear screen check my thread for stock factory image.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
This just happened to me on a Lumia 735 (Verizon). I held the power and down-vol buttons until it restarted but the lightening bold and gear came right back. I had a case on it by Incipio so I removed it, thinking maybe it was the case impinging on a button. After taking the case off and doing the button hold down to restart, everything was back to normal. Maybe a coincidence, but three restarts with the case on did nothing. One time with the case off and it restarted normally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3