Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones (HD-10) & 735

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My htc 8x unfortunately went to a near death status so I upgraded to a Lumia 735. Being that that phone was basically new and supported W10, I upgraded it right away and have pretty much enjoyed the experience.

I noticed that the 735 is supported by the Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones (HD-10) so I picked one of those up so I could stream Netflix from my phone off my unlimited plan rather than my home 20GB limit...

The problem is that the picture stutters on the projected screen (with some pixelation) about once or twice every 40 minutes. My questions are:
1) Does anyone have this setup and have/not have this problem?
2) Does anyone have this setup but still on WP8.1 and have/not have this problem?

Trying to figure out if the problem is with the 735 not being powerful enough to support it, W10 not being set up properly for it, or it's just a problem with the technology used to project screen.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Since my phone was lagging pretty badly on 10 this time and there are some features missing that I would like to have, I kicked back to 8.1u2 yesterday.

From the few hours I streamed last night here are the results:
There were some stutters and pixilation, but no where near as bad as bad as when I was doing it through W10m. I also didn't have the stopping and then speed up to get back to where it should be though it did stop and then just jump to where it should be. So I think it's either the technology or the 735 or HD-10 not being able to keep up.

Coincidentally, I haven't had any issues with YouTube on either phone at this point.

Will keep this updated as I do more testing.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded to the latest W10m build yesterday and tried this out again. Seems to have gotten worse as I was only about 10 minutes in this time before the screen froze and stayed that way until I disconnected from the HD-10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes