Notification time out?

Arizona Willie

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
When notifications come up on my Lumia 640 XL they don't stay up long enough.

By the time I hear it and reach for it the notification has gone away.

I can't find any place to change the notification duration.

Is there any way to make them stay up on the screen longer?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a way, but usually if I hear a notification and I'm late, I just pull down from the top of the screen to see what it was in the action center.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Willie, I know it's your first smartphone, but I highly recommend you look for suggestions in the appropriate forum topics. Not everybody here for example runs W10M on their Lumia 640XL. Notifications are working different whether you are on 8.1 Update 2 or W10M. Better to post this in the W10M topic as that is operating specific and the help you get will be more efficient.

and yes, it would be nice to have a setting to change the length of the notification pop up, but there is none, unless somebody finds a registry setting that can be hacked in the future or MS includes a setting.

cheers

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There is a notification screen :) swipe down from the top of your screen and it should open. Alternatively if you have certain apps that deliver notifications every hour, you can pin them to the start screen (swipe right to all app list, find the app you want to pin, long tap on the app and select pin to start). Whenever the notification sounds, all you have to do is check the tiles on your start screen.

The notification center is the best way tho :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon