mobile payments

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
recently got a secure sim. wondering if there any apps i can use for mobile payments. or does the wallet app on the phone work as is to use at retailers.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The native Wallet app can handle mobile account payments; I've done that at least twice - paid for an app using my mobile account which got reflected in my monthly mobile bill later.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately the one app that was available for NFC payments (softcard) was purchased by Google and promptly discontinued. hopefully with Windows 10, Microsoft will come up with a good solution.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately the one app that was available for NFC payments (softcard) was purchased by Google and promptly discontinued. hopefully with Windows 10, Microsoft will come up with a good solution.

Which was quite frustrating. I used Softcard from the moment it was available and remember how angry I was when I got the "good news, we were bought by Google and will be killing off the app, install google wallet" email. 3 months of use. It was a tease. We need an NFC payment app asap.

Scabrat

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I guess Microsoft Pay is in the works. There was an article that Idaho aproved the business venture or whatever like 3-4 months ago I think. It should be a lot like the Apple Pay system but microsoft will emulate the secure part in a subsystem I hear. It will be encrypted, info stays on the device, and works with NFC. I hope to hear more about it Oct 6th because I agree, we need it ASAP!

Scabrat

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I cant post a link so here it is... (http)://finance(dot)yahoo(dot)com/news/microsoft-enters-mobile-payments-platform-193954002(dot)html

"During the WinHEC 2015 hardware conference, held in China (FXI) in March 2015, Microsoft announced that its newest operating system—Windows 10—will support HCEs (host card emulators) as the above chart shows. HCEs can be used in sync with NFC (near-field communication) to enable mobile payments. HCEs offer a secure method for the credit card transaction without depending on a secure feature embedded in a SIM (subscriber identity module)."

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Your cell provider bill or your cc bill?

Were you replying to me? If yes, then it's my cellular provider monthly bill. Let's say my regular monthly bill is $20, but then I bought three apps for a total of $4.99. My bill for that month, then, would be $24.99 - provided that I bought those apps through my carrier billing (not Paypal, bank, card, etc.).

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I guess Microsoft Pay is in the works. There was an article that Idaho aproved the business venture or whatever like 3-4 months ago I think. It should be a lot like the Apple Pay system but microsoft will emulate the secure part in a subsystem I hear. It will be encrypted, info stays on the device, and works with NFC. I hope to hear more about it Oct 6th because I agree, we need it ASAP!

problem is, after the initial news, there has been no word on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers