Where to buy for U.S. market?

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Once the 950 XL becomes available, I'd like to purchase an unlocked version. Unlocked phones are not too popular in the United States. Most phones are sold carrier locked.

1. Will MS make an unlocked version available on it's website for the US market? (When I got my 640XL, they did not have any available on their site that were not carrier locked).

2. Will MS make an unlocked version available in it's US stores? There are a few near me.

3. Other than MS, is there an authorized US dealer that sells MS phones for the US market, that are unlocked?

4. Other than those options, where else would you recommend getting a US market unlocked phone? It seems like those are the LAST to be released.

When I got my 640XL, I got an international unlocked phone from eBay, which promptly broke and MS refused to service under warranty. I'd like to avoid this scenario again.

I appreciate your thoughts on this, I can't wait to get my mitts on the 950 XL!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It has been suggested that Microsoft will sell unlocked phones on the website and likely in store.

We will see. You'd probably have to contact them for authorized phone dealers if they are not listed on the website already. Carriers are authorized. And I know some smaller franchise stores of AT&T sometimes sell on ebay but are really just selling real store stock - so those would be genuine US parts with a warranty too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs