With Lumia 950 and 950XL on the horizon, is a Lumia 930 a good buy?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm going to start off by saying that I love Lumias. I'm currently rocking a Lumia 920 and a Lumia 635. I have my old Lumia 800 (my first Windows Phone) still and I thought it was great. The Lumia 920, though a great device at the time, had awful battery life and overheating issues. The Lumia 635 is a great, cheap LTE phone.

But I want something premium. After seeing the leaked images of the 950 and 950 XL, I'm not convinced that these devices feel premium. Like the 920, they're all polycarbonate except for the aluminium buttons. I'm also skeptical about the use of the Snapdragon 810 in the 950 XL, which is probably the better looking of the two.

I have the option to either wait for these devices to come to Canada and pay a high price for the latest and greatest with mediocre design, or get an unlocked Lumia 930, possibly the special gold edition, for about $400 CAD. I think the Lumia 930 looks great as it has the aluminium sides but also the polycarbonate back - best of both worlds. So my question is, is it worth buying the 930 for $400 and upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile on it at this point in time?

And also, is it plagued with the same battery life and overheating issues as the Lumia 920?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Returned mine. Screen quality just isn't that great compared to a S6 or even an S5. I was disappointed by battery life and just the design of the phone. I'm holding out for a 950 or 950xl. The f2.4 lens just isn't up to par with the sub f2 apertures that are on flagships now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte