BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases), can I get some help?

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases)

No. I'm using a 640 now.

Microsoft ever fix the SD card lockout error? It litterally locks the SD card into a completely READ ONLY card, i had to return my 64GB thanks to my 635 doing that. Makes me honestly wonder if it is ever worth risking an SD card to another Microsoft phone... My friend has the 640, and it happened to him too.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft ever fix the SD card lockout error? It litterally locks the SD card into a completely READ ONLY card, i had to return my 64GB thanks to my 635 doing that. Makes me honestly wonder if it is ever worth risking an SD card to another Microsoft phone... My friend has the 640, and it happened to him too.

Never had any problems with the sd card in my 640.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Never had any problems with the sd card in my 640.

Only happened after roughly six months usage, there was an update, the phone took FOREVER, then posted an error about the SD card, and after hours of troubleshooting, and calling everywhere, SanDisk was like, "just send it back and we'll fix it for you."

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

Just an update, I tried using the reset button. Switched phone off, and held it in for over 30 seconds. Started up phone, left it on for a while, until battery had drained for a bit. Plugged it into the charger, and is working fine now. Have got myself a 640 dual sim as my daily driver now, so at least I know my backup phone is ok. Hope this helps others, and many thanks to the person who suggested the reset button that I never knew existed.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

Just an update, I tried using the reset button. Switched phone off, and held it in for over 30 seconds. Started up phone, left it on for a while, until battery had drained for a bit. Plugged it into the charger, and is working fine now. Have got myself a 640 dual sim as my daily driver now, so at least I know my backup phone is ok. Hope this helps others, and many thanks to the person who suggested the reset button that I never knew existed.

How about now, is the phone still fine?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

That works 100%!!!!!!! :) this and win 10 made my day !!!!!

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

That works 100%!!!!!!! :) this and win 10 made my day !!!!!

Glad to hear it worked for you as well. Think it was Gabriel92 who made the original post about the reset button, so all kudos to him. If this proves to work for others, then perhaps the fix could be a sticky? Enjoy win 10 on your phone, I have it on my 640, but will need to wait for it on my Blu, as I have the eu version.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Glad it worked as well.

I actually have just accidentally spotted that button and the function of it after several attempts was just an assumption (been fixing phones for the last few years), however holding power button while the phone is on for the same amount of time (roughly 5 seconds) produces visually same effect, so it would be interesting to see whether supposedly reset button is a temporary kill switch for the battery (engineer of the device had that bug in mind ) or whether holding power button does the same (function preprogrammed by MS) which could cure the phone even w/o need to remove the back cover.

Last edited:

Rohan Maheria

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm yet another one who is now suffering this issue. Phone is only 4 months old, and the issue just started the other week. The bizarre thing is that my partners phone started having this issue 4 days after mine started acting up, she got her phone 4 days after me. I've just taken delivery of a dual sim 640, wish I'd actually went for this in the first place. I'm based in uk and purchased from Amazon, so once I work out who is responsible for warranty, it will be going back for repair or replacement, and will then be kept as a backup. Shame, as is a really decent phone.

That 4 month thing also happened with me. And that's really weird.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah still fine, I'm going to do the wife's phone now.

I'm giving this a try, i'm going to let the battery completely drain out now, i've already utilized the 30+s of holding the reset button, which looks like a standard button contact between the pwr and vol- button contacts.
Fingers crossed so much they look like twist ties...
Will update if problem is solved or not, do hope so very much this is resolved, i really hate the drain/restart while plugged in.

Last edited:

Captain Fancypants

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I can happily confirm the secret button trick worked for me!

EDIT: for clarity, I just powered off, held the secret button down for over 30 seconds, powered on again, ran a battery monitor app, and then the correct level was shown and have had no problems since.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I can happily confirm the secret button trick worked for me!

EDIT: for clarity, I just powered off, held the secret button down for over 30 seconds, powered on again, ran a battery monitor app, and then the correct level was shown and have had no problems since.

I too can confirm this after a week with no issue, glad to participate in a solution! This should really be added into a Troubleshooting/DIY fix thing.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
After I upgraded my phone to the latest firmware from WDRT, the battery issue came back when it got knocked down to Windows 8.1. The battery probably remained after upgrading back to Windows 10.

I tried to solution found below (and in this thread) and it indeed worked, and made the batter last much longer than it used to be. I have updated the initial post with the solution and included below again:

SOLUTION:
I have tested this, and it has solved my battery problem. It also made the battery last a lot longer. The (*) points are not necessary points what things I did.
(*) Drained the battery low.
1) Turn off the Phone.
2) Take the Back Cover off. The RESET button can be located between the Power and Volume Down Buttons.
3) Press and Hold the RESET button for 30s.
4) Start the Phone and let the battery drain till it's low.
5) Charge the Phone as normal to 100% (problem should be fixed)
(*) Repeat in discharging the phone low, then charge it again max for the initial "training" phase.

Captain Fancypants

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

A photo would help because you are suggesting that you have some revised model missing the button

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs