Apps won't open

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I frequently have trouble getting apps to open. On my 830. I'll tap an app, it will start to open then crash right back to start page. As if there's not enough room to open. I have 5.8 gb free on my SD card and over 7 Gb free on phone. Is that not enough. Rebooting the phone will temporarily resolve. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Are you using WP8.1 or the W10 TP?

Try doing a Soft Reset (Volume Down+Power button for about ten seconds until phone screen turns off an you hear a vibration, the release).

If that doesn't work, consider doing a factory reset (Settings > About phone > Reset). This will have you lose all data stored on your phone, so it's recommended that you back it up before the factory reset.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
WP8.1
When I power cycle the phone the problem goes away, but that's not practical. The apps should be opening.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I frequently have trouble getting apps to open. On my 830. I'll tap an app, it will start to open then crash right back to start page. As if there's not enough room to open. I have 5.8 gb free on my SD card and over 7 Gb free on phone. Is that not enough. Rebooting the phone will temporarily resolve. Any thoughts?

I used to have this problem and thought it was just normal for this phone. Then I had to do a hard reset for an unrelated problem, and noticed that the 'loading' issue you're talking about went away.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Alright, then do the hard reset. Settings > About phone > Reset.
Warning: You'll LOSE ALL DATA, so back it all up before you proceed.

When you refer to backing up my phone, do you mean the automatic backup I have setup in settings? All photos and apps. Or something else?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
this happens also when a backup is in progress. it'll stop certain apps from working as they are being backed up.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
On my 830. I'll tap an app, it will start to open then crash right back to start page.

Back in January my prototype 830 used to crash and restart the phone :grincry: but not the apps, at least not frequent enough to be a nuisance. Are these apps installed on the phone or external memory?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12