O2 in the UK possibly stocking 950/XL

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Called in to my local o2 store and asked one of the more clued up assistants about the new phones. He's said that a rep from Microsoft has been in to discuss the future of Windows 10 Mobile and has said to 'hold tight' and that something will be due soon. That was all the assistant was willing to share. He also stipulated that colour shells will be available, and specifically mention the Cyan colour.

rekesh vekariya

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
O2 have been or at least used to be weirdly supportive of the Windows Phone, I have a 64gb 1020 and a bunch of accessories from them so wouldn't surprise me if a similar deal happens with the 950xl. Colours shells would be nice I hope.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
O2 twitter have confirmed the stocking of the 950, but when I asked they couldn't tell me for certain they will be stocking the XL. Told me to keep an eye on their website

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Just spoken to my friend who works in O2 Meadowhall, Sheffield, and it would appear that the 950 is the only one he is aware of at present, although I guess he'll be straight on the phone to me if that changes! Fingers crossed eh?

Also, would the Carphone Warehouse carry them. They have always had a large selection of devices, although the haven't carried the 640xl. You can have a 930 down to a 435 in there...

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just spoken to my friend who works in O2 Meadowhall, Sheffield, and it would appear that the 950 is the only one he is aware of at present, although I guess he'll be straight on the phone to me if that changes! Fingers crossed eh?

Also, would the Carphone Warehouse carry them. They have always had a large selection of devices, although the haven't carried the 640xl. You can have a 930 down to a 435 in there...

EE tweeted me the same answer re only the 950. Carphone Warehouse were first out of the gate with the video comparing the two devices is some detail so im hoping they do indeed carry the XL. Im assuming this obvious exception is the fact that the CFW are not a carrier in the strict sense and really only deal with the hardware? I find it weird and puzzling that the XL has not been announced as coming to UK carriers, just the 950. Especially given the UK's relatively strong WP presence..

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
EE tweeted me the same answer re only the 950. Carphone Warehouse were first out of the gate with the video comparing the two devices is some detail so im hoping they do indeed carry the XL. Im assuming this obvious exception is the fact that the CFW are not a carrier in the strict sense and really only deal with the hardware? I find it weird and puzzling that the XL has not been announced as coming to UK carriers, just the 950. Especially given the UK's relatively strong WP presence..

The best thing about CPW is their devices are unlocked! Bought all mine from them apart from the 640xl.

I hope CPW do carry them as their new iD network is pretty good and piggy backs off of 3, plus it's reasonable costs wise.

I would love a 950, but I am not going to tie myself up in knots with a ?50 a month 2 year contract! I'll wait ;-)

My local CPW have 'sold' many WP. The 435 / 535 / 635 are their best sellers, followed by the 640. A wide demographic take them up. The 435 is used by parents as a first device for their youngsters, and many 'mature' people like them due to the simplicity of the OS. Steve, who works there, just sets them up and organises the start screen! Oops, sorry, off topic....

anon(9682303)

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I also just had a conversation with an O2 Agent through Live Chat enquiring about the 950XL on O2. His English was a bit broken but he said "The 950XL will surely be available on O2" which I believe means it is coming eventually.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I would take anything O2 live chat says with a pinch of salt, even the O2 staff members on the O2 forum say to not bother with live chat as its outsourced & overseas.

liamog

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think the 950XL in Europe is not carrier driven, seems to be missing from all the usual suspects.

Could be a case of MS not even offering in their most successful market.

Milan Bassi

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
See if this is true, then im going to have to pass on this phone since i was gonna upgrade from my 930 and if its not sold at O2 then i wont be able to get the 950 XL as soon as i hoped.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse can do O2 upgrades, it just wont be on O2 refresh. You will loose O2 visual voicemail going this route BUT you would get a factory unlocked sim free phone with no O2 bloatware.

Milan Bassi

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh thats good, i was planning to end the contract with them anyways since, my new work offers a discount with O2 contracts and just transfer my number over.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I tried Carphone Warehouse in Doncaster today, they suggested that the xl will not be available in store, but should be online.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
for o2? I dont understand why the carriers are all being cagey about the XL handset. Anyone know why this might be?

The guy in CW told me that they don't stock the big Lumias because they don't sell. I just wish they had some dummy ones in so I can gauge the size. Getting sick of looking at Note 4s. The xl is a touch shorter, so I think I will be ok. CW also told me their system has December down for release, sadly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon