Lumia 950 missing FM radio?

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay, got it figured out. These are all the screens I see. At the end of the last one, I click "Write Data" and then powercycle the phone. I connect my headset but still can't get it to work.
wp_ss_20161215_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20161215_0003.jpg
wp_ss_20161215_0004.jpg

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Right, registry key added and phone rebooted. Radio FM Phone installed...and...this is what happens.
wp_ss_20161215_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20161215_0002.jpg
Gosh, this is getting frustrating :unhappysweat:

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
The error you made might be in Value Name that you put in the registry. It should be "NotPresent", and NOT "notpresent" as I wrongly wrote in my email.
Try to correct this value and see what happens. Sorry for that...

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Yay! It finally works! Thanks to KefKef and everyone else for all the help :)

Anyone know if RDS is supported (my guess is no)?

Last edited:

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have ATT 950, downloaded 6 different radio apps and none worked saying 'no radio on this device' or something similar. Tried another pair of earbuds, still no go. Reset my phone and downloaded one of the same fm radio apps again, and it worked! And sure enough hit volume button to bring up music controls on top of screen, tapped on the radio station and it opened the stock fm radio app. From there able to pin to start screen.

I dont get it MS built these phones, and they say no fm tuner, they built it! Just like the hours with ATT advanced tech support who finally 100% guaranteed, beyond a shadow of doubt, that no 950 was compatible with their visual voicemail. I'm glad neither of these companies are building aircraft.
By the way, I couldn't get this to work - could anyone else?

TheEdge76

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay cool. Next question (this might be for a different thread) - does the "transfer my stuff" app transfer everything? ie, text messages, photos, contacts, Whatsapp/Viber messages, or just contacts? I tried it today (SIM card still in my old Lumia 930) and it transferred my contacts and nothing else. Hell, even my Nokia E5 transferred more to my 930 when I got that! Or does the SIM need to be in the 950 for it to transfer everything else?

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Ask Microsoft, they disabled it on L950.

AFAIK, FM radio was never a stand alone app, but was a part of a Nokia music app. When MS removed ALL Nokia apps they did not bother to make a new FM radio app...

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Ask Microsoft, they disabled it on L950.

AFAIK, FM radio was never a stand alone app, but was a part of a Nokia music app. When MS removed ALL Nokia apps they did not bother to make a new FM radio app...

It was a separate app. They just removed it.

Sent from mTalk

Ish68

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my Lumia 950 from Vodafone UK a 24 month contract. I had previously had the Lumia 800 & 925 and found the both the FM Radio and Internet radio good to listen too, but Microsoft had shops advertising them with these features and removed them without any notice.

Microsoft have done nothing at all to fix this, as I don't think had a clue how Nokia had things working. They also still haven't made Vodafone UK create their MyVodafone app for Windows Phones even after 6 years. I really think Microsoft need to get their act together and fix the problems they've caused or refund people for features purchased, that Microsoft removed. Luckily we have some really helpful people in these forums to help us, Thanks

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enable or reinstall the default radio app? I have an unlocked 950XL dual-sim with the latest updates in the US. I can play the radio with a third party app but would like to try the built in app due to it's positive reviews in this thread.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to enable or reinstall the default radio app? I have an unlocked 950XL dual-sim with the latest updates in the US. I can play the radio with a third party app but would like to try the built in app due to it's positive reviews in this thread.

Could be wrong but don't think it is possible, third party is your only option.

Sent from L950

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers