Anyone running latest Win 10 preview build?

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just curious how the new builds run on the 920 now. I tried it earlier this year but had to roll back because it was very buggy and slow. Thinking about trying it again? Thoughts?

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
on the build 10549 if I set the scaling to minimum, my long press on back button doesn't work anymore (multitask)... anyone else have this?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
On the 920 I installed it 2 days ago, full reset, then setup things from scratch.

It's slow enough to call unusable. Arranging tiles on the start screen especially. Tiles don't want to go into groups, and the top row will jump to the bottom at random while you are rearranging things. Several apps stuck in the store on perpetual error state. There's a "1" on my messaging tile that won't go away even though there are no unread messages. And still it can't open SharePoint files.

Overall, about what I expected.

walkabt

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Pretty unusable here too on a 920. Screen flickers, like refresh not set right. Keyboard doesn't appear half the time and then shows as depressed after you move on to another key, when it shows up. Hard reset, twice. Tried to keep pushing for uodates, which was tough since arrow doesnt showmup 1/2 the time. Reverted. Third atttempt to try since latest update. Wdrt has been used a lot!

mmooore215

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was on the last Win10 build but after a few weeks of slowness. I opted to roll back. At one point it took me 12 minutes to set an alarm.

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Those who used it just recently...was that with build 10549? Supposedly 10572 was a huge jump closer to RTM, and I plan on testing it on my 520, but am a little more protective of my 920. Maybe they're just not caring about the hardware support for a three year old device?

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I am tempted to try again with W10 on my 920, tried some months ago but rolled back to 8.1 as wi-fi and cell data were unusable. I read several comments from users that the last available build is improved and can be used as primary device. What do you think? I don't use my phone intensively, so I can live with minor bugs. Actually I tested W8.1 as a developer preview and survived until RTM version was cleared, think I can repeat the experience, hehe.

cheers,

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Updating, I switched today to W10 on my 920, quite better than last time I tried months ago, some minor bugs but I can live with them. Quite stable, in my opinion enough to use it as my primary device. Hoping "final" version will be delivered soon!

Laeery

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The .36 build runs great on my boyfriend's phone. Only minor bugs and thus far features are far more interesting so give it a try

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Been running it for a week now and I'm enjoying it. The biggest improvement is the Edge browser. It's still no Firefox but Edge is FAR better than IE. WP10 still needs improvement but this is great upgrade over 8.1...and 8.1 was pretty good in itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos