Broken glass camera 1520

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi!!! My green Lumia 1520 went to the ground and the glass of the camera broke. I'm looking for a replacement in ebay, aliexpress of camera lens but all replacements are made of plastic, not glass. The phone is a green european version RM-937 (few units were sold in that color in Europe).

I see in other post that many people have the same problem and bought this plastic replacement, how it works??? Any difference in pictures taken??? I imagine that this plastic lens may scratched more easily and have less length. The other solution that I'm considering is to change the back cover, buying an original RM-940 green cover sold by a spanish retailer (Carcasa Inferior Nokia Lumia 1520 Verde (Body Row) (RM-940) AT&T) although I have to "change" the Qi charging module.

What do you think??? How works this plastic lens??? Be worth trying this solution because it is cheaper than the other one. Greetings and thanks and sorry for my English (I've it a little forgotten). :crying::crying::crying:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the round lens over the camera, integrated into the back? I've bought glass ones on ebay before for around $10. Make you buy one with the two-sided tape with it - makes it much easier to install if you don't have to cut your own.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
WP_20150930_12_45_23_Pro.jpgWP_20150820_18_19_23_Rich_LI.jpg
Yes, I refer to the back lens integrated in rear cover, all the lens that I can see are made of plastic and the "original" integrated in the cover are glass (Camera Lens for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Parts4repair.Com), any diferent in pictures taken???? I have the original totally scratched, when I take a photo with contrast of lights, the pictures have a strange shadows. Thanks!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos