Lumia 950XL quick review

Ti P

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went to Microsoft store which is inside North Park Mall (Dallas, TX) today 10/07. There are 2 Lumia 950XL in store for display. This is my thoughts after 20 minutes testing:
The unit i tested is DUAL SIM. It feels great in hand, it's very thin and does not feel too big like L1520 which I'm using right now. There are TWO things that y'all might NOT like: THERE IS A small HOLE (THE MIC) ON THE SCREEN LIKE L930 and THE CAMERA TAKE almost 1S to save a picture after you press the camera button. Hopefully, the final product software should have this problem fix. I have nothing to talk about the Camera, Pictures which i took came out perfectly beautiful. I downloaded TEMPLE RUN (not TEMPLE RUN 2) to test how the phone perform. I played it on the phone for 15'. I didn't feel any heat on the back of the phone like others phones which have SD810. I should play more to test the phone performance. However, i did not have time. My thought is Microsoft should finalize the software because i still feel the phone running lag. The phone will available @ Microsoft store on the first week of November (according to store manager). The manager did not let me take any pictures of the phone. Sorry guys
P/S: i DON'T like Surface Book after playing for 5'. I prefer Surface Pro 4. AND i don't like on screen button on L950XL. I think i have to learn to get used to on screen button if i buy L950XL

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How does the Windows hello iris scanner work if you just want to look at the glance screen? Did you figure that out? I'm other words, can you look at the glance screen and not activate the iris scanner?

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How does the Windows hello iris scanner work if you just want to look at the glance screen? Did you figure that out? I'm other words, can you look at the glance screen and not activate the iris scanner?

I'm pretty sure activating glance does not wake the scanner. You have to bring up the lock screen.

Bummer you didn't see any 950's. Does not bode well for availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6