950-950xl 3rd party covers, what do you think?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered the white 950 XL and just pre-ordered the black leather Mozo back cover. The leather cover cost $71.95 including shipping. Mozo says they will start shipping November 16. The black leather cover cover reminds me of a retro camera.

Am I wrong in saying the white 950XL is actually just the black phone with a white back cover?? I look at MS's site and googled White 950XL and every photo shows a black faced phone w/white back cover unlike my old white Note 4 which was all white front and back...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Am I wrong in saying the white 950XL is actually just the black phone with a white back cover?? I look at MS's site and googled White 950XL and every photo shows a black faced phone w/white back cover unlike my old white Note 4 which was all white front and back...
I'm almost positive that's the case (pardon the pun). The buttons are metallic on both and there are no external trays. The only thing different is the one piece back/sides which is 100% replaceable.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Could Otterbox actually design a case for this that actually keeps it safe from hazard falls? I've read nothing but disappointing reports from their latest accessories.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Could Otterbox actually design a case for this that actually keeps it safe from hazard falls? I've read nothing but disappointing reports from their latest accessories.
When you say "their latest accessories" who do you mean Microsoft, Otterbox, Mozo, someone else? Just want to be sure. TIA

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
When you say "their latest accessories" who do you mean Microsoft, Otterbox, Mozo, someone else? Just want to be sure. TIA

I've been reading overwhelmingly negative reports of Otterbox Defenders for the iPhone and Galaxy series. In a sense that they do not even prevent breakage from hip-height drops onto the back and not the face...

Sorry if this is off-topic.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

You are correct. The front of the phone is black and the rear cover comes in either black or white.

woodie5

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Last night I preordered the Brown Mozo cover from Mozo directly. They are saying it will ship by Nov. 16 via UPS. I even received an order # from them.
Will wait and see.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I am starting to wonder if phone is going to be released either the 10th or 17th due to 2 people saying the 16th on the cases. Microsoft usually does Tuesday releases on things.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I am starting to wonder if phone is going to be released either the 10th or 17th due to 2 people saying the 16th on the cases. Microsoft usually does Tuesday releases on things.

My fingers are crossed that the Nov 16th IS the date for AT&T version(told to me my MS Salesperson), wish it was the unlocked version but if they are correct the unlocked ver. could be weeks to a month later.. I just can't wait that long ;)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Found some more Mozo products for the 950line at a Swedish retailers homepage, stuff that isn't even on Mozo's own store yet! For example these leather flip covers! All items are listed as coming soon. (BTW this is a serious dealer so these are not Chinese knock-offs)

View attachment 115012
View attachment 115013
View attachment 115014

Yeah I just pre-ordered my 950XL in white on the Amazon store, and ordered a Mozo case to go with it - there's several new versions (red leather and silver trim, for example, only downside is the release date is 12th Dec. I'm interested to see if that date shifts to be 3rd Dec like the MS Store.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I hope somebody makes a bright neon yellow cover
If someone doesn't, I'll eat my hat. I mean if I had a hat.

I'm interested in finding out if it will be practical to transfer the QI and NFC parts inside the factory cover to a bare 3rd party cover. If its doable (even if difficult), there will be a lot more aftermarket backs available. I read a lot of posts about people getting 950s who say they can't afford to buy one outright. Not many of those people will be buying backs if they have to pay for ones with Qi and NFC components in them. So being able to move those parts opens up a larger market for aftermarket backs.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To protect the screen I recommend a skinomi screen protector they always look nothing has been put on the screen and protect it extreemly well.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Curious, has anyone from the US pre-order any of the Mozo cases?
What does €48.50 exchange in US dollars and how much was shipping fees??

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Curious, has anyone from the US pre-order any of the Mozo cases?
What does €48.50 exchange in US dollars and how much was shipping fees??
I pre-ordered mine from a US retailer the same day Mozo started taking pre-orders. It was $44.99 and $1.99 shipping. I had ordered from Mozo as well which was $70 including shipping but I canceled the Mozo order for price and other factors.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i wonder if the Mozo cases may make it into the Microsoft stores a la Apple and their stores offering 3rd party cases...

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine from a US retailer the same day Mozo started taking pre-orders. It was $44.99 and $1.99 shipping. I had ordered from Mozo as well which was $70 including shipping but I canceled the Mozo order for price and other factors.

May I ask which US retailer?? I checked Amazon but nothing there yet..

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the red/gold option on the 950 XL, I am thinking of selling my Note5 and coming back to Windows Phone after this brief affair with Android...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb