Are you planning to get a 950?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I will get a 950 if they are available soon. If I have to wait until December then I will do the unthinkable and get an iPhone.

Nout88

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
950 dual sim black, 90% sure, waiting for in-depth reviews and to buy it in a store.
The reviews can still change my mind, and make me wait for the next flagship.
Online stores just don't offer the same customer service in my experience.

Buenri

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
So people, I just found out that I could pre-order from Microsoft Store Spain, I also checked on UK and you can also pre-order. So it seems this is moving forward.

The website states that it will be sent before 28th of november.

Just check your Microsoft stores.

Cheers!

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Just preordered a Lumia 950 from the Microsoft store UK today. Total cost including VAT ?449.99p ships by December 3rd 2015.
I'll probably keep hold of my current L1520 for a while, then sell it on. Just got to wait now, I'll be like a kid waiting for father christmas calling.

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
pre-ordered at Amazon Germany 1 week ago...
it's bundled with a 32GB microSD and a Fatboy DT-901... :)
delivery was told to be Dec 3rd - Feb 19th...

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Huh? In what way? It is almost spec for spec the same as the XL except for screen size and processor. It can do anything any other windows phone can do, unlike RT for tablets.
So again I ask: How is the 950 like RT?

Because it's still ARM. It can't run x86 executables, like a full Win tablet. Even with Continuum, it won't be a full PC, because it can only run Universal apps. Just like WinRT. When they create a phone with an Intel x86 processor, then it will be a full PC when connected to Continuum.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The 950/950XL are the last remnants of the Nokia heritage before MS comes out with a true Win10 phone. If I don't plan to use my phone as a PC because I actually have a laptop (like almost everybody), then this generation of phones does not offer anything compelling for me. I will wait for an Intel Phone, not with ARM.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Daniel Rubino's words, not mine: "Microsoft Continuum for the phone is easily one of the most interesting aspects of the new Lumias. However, being able to run Universal Windows Apps on a large display means you are carrying a Windows RT device around with you. Granted, in Windows 10 the UWA model is much better, but you still cannot run x86 apps on your phone." Taken from http://m.windowscentral.com/reading-between-lines-those-new-lumias

Buenri

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
So I was surfing Microsoft store again, and right now you cannot pre-order the new lumias... It is curious, luckily I pre-ordered mine yesterday.

About people waiting for the theoretical Intel based phone, good for you, but it is kind of tiring to read about a phone that we do not even know if it exists in a forum about lumia 950.

You should go to upcoming & rumored phones.

Gustavo Sanchez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So I was surfing Microsoft store again, and right now you cannot pre-order the new lumias... It is curious, luckily I pre-ordered mine yesterday.

About people waiting for the theoretical Intel based phone, good for you, but it is kind of tiring to read about a phone that we do not even know if it exists in a forum about lumia 950.

You should go to upcoming & rumored phones.

Well, the OP asked if I was planning to get a 950, so I gave my answer, and why. My response was a complete statement, so what was the mistake here?

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Changed my mind and going with the XL, sold my Note 4 and been using 640XL for the past 2 weeks and really liking it, not sure why but the XL doesn't feel nearly as big as the Note?? Specs have the 950XL smaller in size then the Note 4 & 640XL...
Still super anxious for the 950&950XL release!! Won't be much longer guys :)

northeimer

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I just pre-ordered a black Lumia 950 with dual SIM here in Norway to replace my 3-year old 920 (still rocking after countless drops). One problem though is that a customer service rep at the site where I bought it from said that the dual SIM variant DOES NOT support microSD cards. Is this true?? Or is it just a market-specific variation? I hope that customer service rep is wrong.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just pre-ordered a black Lumia 950 with dual SIM here in Norway to replace my 3-year old 920 (still rocking after countless drops). One problem though is that a customer service rep at the site where I bought it from said that the dual SIM variant DOES NOT support microSD cards. Is this true?? Or is it just a market-specific variation? I hope that customer service rep is wrong.
Yep. Nano size. For all 950s, not just dual SIM. The good news is you can get an adapter to use a nano SIM in a micro SIM backup phone. And I believe you can even make your micro SIM into a nano SIM with some scissors.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Nano size. For all 950s, not just dual SIM. The good news is you can get an adapter to use a nano SIM in a micro SIM backup phone. And I believe you can even make your micro SIM into a nano SIM with some scissors.

I think northeimer is referring to SD cards? ... not SIM:wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss