Lumia 950 not on Microsoftstore.com anymore

outdriver311

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else notice that online Microsoft Store no longer has the Lumia 950, only the XL? AM I reading into it or is there something going on here?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft.com = Product information page
MicrosoftStore.com = Product purchasing page

The Lumia 950 has been on Microsoft.com since the Oct. 6 event, it has yet to appear on the MicrosoftStore.com US page. Only the 950 XL is listed --- International Microsoft Store websites list both devices.

I wonder why that is.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It confuses me too. Some of the links on the microsoftstore.com website take you to the microsoft.com website. I got all excited when I was able to find the 950 through the store then I realized the "All Lumia" link on the store site takes you to the product information page on microsoft.com, where it shows the 950xl and the 950.

I'm spending way too much time thinking about this lol. I'm just gonna back off for a week or so and wait for someone to release a statement.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I went to their store in my area, and they didn't even have the 950. Just the XL. I'm wonder in ATT has exclusive sale rights to the phone. Which us utter ridiculous if its the case.

I looked at the 950 XL, its just too big. You can't even hit the back button at the bottom when holding single handedly. Good thing I'm on ATT so I can get the 950.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just got back from the MS kiosk in our local mall. They were using a Qi charger to power the XL. Asked about the 950 and was told that they didn't have any information about it at all, and that only stores in Canada were slated to have it so far.

outdriver311

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm fairly confident they were both on microsoftstore.com, but I could be losing my mind, also. Either way, not too worried about it anymore. At the time, I got neurotic and thought maybe they were pulling the plug on the 950 or delaying it. A couple days later it's clear that's not happening.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
For those who haven't noticed, see the picture attached. The left is the Microsoft US Store, the right is the Microsoft UK Store --- it really looks like the US is getting the shaft on the Lumia 950.

Lumia950_ATT.jpg

Pusta1122

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I was at my local MS store yesterday in Orlando FL and I spoke with a rep abour pre-ordering the 950. They are currently not taking pre-orders for the 950. However this store is allowing people to pre-order the 950XL and then switching to the 950 when/if the pre-order for that phone opens. I dont know if it was total BS, but I gave it a shot. With 0$ and no obligation, whats the worst that can happen.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was at my local MS store yesterday in Orlando FL and I spoke with a rep abour pre-ordering the 950. They are currently not taking pre-orders for the 950. However this store is allowing people to pre-order the 950XL and then switching to the 950 when/if the pre-order for that phone opens. I dont know if it was total BS, but I gave it a shot. With 0$ and no obligation, whats the worst that can happen.
Unfortunatley it sound like ATT is only one that can sale for XX days, even unlocked on MSStore..JMO

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Typical exclusivity is 3 months, with some going 6 months. The problem is that cell phones are replaced every 12 months with a new model (or 6 months for iPhones). If it's exclusive for 6 months, you've lost half the life of the phone before you can get it - now instead of being cutting edge, it's a hold-over for the next phone. I really hope they release simultaneous - or 3 month wait at the most.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If is is exclusive past year end (Cant buy unlocked at microsoftstore.com) then Ill probably go back to android. MS said flagships were for us and it appears they don't even make them available to all of us.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
What if they just got so many preorders they had to take it down? Sold out of stock already?

The 950 was never made available on the Microsoft Store US web site. I posted on both the Microsoft Lumia US & Microsoft Store Facebook's asking when unlocked versions of the 950 would be available, and I really didn't get much.

Microsoft Lumia US's reply...
The Lumia 950 will be available beginning in November. Hang tight for more details! [I'm sure this was in reference to the general availability date --- which is limited to AT&T in the US.]

Microsoft Store reply...
We don't have any information on a specific date. Keep checking back though [Along with a link to the Microsoft.com (not Store) product page for the Lumia 950]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750