Performance of the dual sim 950 XL

okizen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Would the dual sim 950 XL have any effect on the overall performance as compared to the single sim version or would it be the same? And how much of a price difference is there between the two?

Last edited:

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Would the dual sim 950 XL have any effect on the overall performance as compared to the single sim version or would it be the same? And how much of a price difference is there between the two?

Dual SIM works just the same as any other phone. Just two connection. In most cases the main SIM is your data and the 2nd is just for calls. Some phone do have dual data connectivity, but I never had a need pass the first one unless someone is sending me a MMS text.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

In most cases DS version will be cheaper than SS with LTE, but again DS with LTE will be even more expensive.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
But, Lumia 950/950XL have processors having on-die LTE, so I think there will be no 3g only versions, neither for single sim nor for dual sim versions. Even, Lumia 550 has LTE connectivity.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There are two levels of Dual SIM support. Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) and Dual SIM Dual Active (DSDA).

The basic difference is that with DSDS when you have an active connection with the network on one SIM, you cannot have an active connection using the other SIM. To the network, it's like that connection is non-existent, and for instance an incoming call cannot make it to your device at all, and would go to voicemail automatically.

It's common for DSDS devices to provide optional automatic call forwarding on the other SIM when they establish an active connection, so that calls to your other SIM will be diverted to your active connection SIM giving you the option of picking up via call waiting.

DSDA devices could have active connections simultaneously.

DSDA devices require two radios internally, which is why they're far less common.

The Snapdragon chipsets could support either mode, but would require second radios to support DSDA. According to the specifications released, the 950 and 950 XL support DSDS, not DSDA.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Quick dual sim question, I've always used 2 sims that are totally different carriers. What if I want to use 2 sims by the same carrier? That will still work right?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Quick dual sim question, I've always used 2 sims that are totally different carriers. What if I want to use 2 sims by the same carrier? That will still work right?

Yes. Both my sims are AT&T

karinto

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
How much of a difference will that make?

It depends if your carrier supports the newer categories. If your carrier does support it, you can get faster speeds from your connection. I don't think US carriers have cat 6 yet, but several European and Asian ones have deployed cat 6 in the past year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99