Power button on 928 unresponsive or stuck?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Bought phone used and it worked great for over a month until power button stopped working. Only way to wake up screen is by soft reset(power and volume down) for 10 seconds or so. Also can start with camera button. Calling or texting phone wakes up screen also have also done a factory reset.
It is almost like power button is stuck on as hitting volume + causes it to capture screenshot. Also.. can not get it to power off and stay off...it wants to reboot.
Any suggestions? Called Microsoft support and they said to download system restore tool. Not sure that will fix it since I was able to go back to factory settings and there was no change.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess you need to open it and get a good look at it, might be obvious what to do next after you can see the internals, you can use double tap to wake up meanwhile

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
My power button stopped working on my 2+ year old 928. Was all set to get a used Icon and the power button started to work again. Not sure why it started to work again but I'm sure my phone is on its last legs.

GS100

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
My 928 started having the same problem this week. Two mornings in a row it acts as though the power button is stuck on (e.g. keeps wanting to shut down). Both times I shut it off for a while and use a can of compressed air to blow in the gap around the power button (probably just superstition but hoping to clear out any dust/etc that might be trapped behind). Has not happened this morning, seems like it might be a heat related issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05