PreOrder from FNAC.PT got cancelled

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I pre ordered the dual sim version at fnac.pt from Portugal with delivery to the UK but unfortunately the order got cancelled. Have no Idea why just know that my card is still showing as being charged. anyone still has his order active or might know why they cancelled orders? maybe they just cancelled all of them because the offer was just to good?

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I just called Fnac. They said everything is ok with no cancel orders. I told them about you but they wanted an order #. I told them I didnt have it. If you want I can call them in front of you on Skype/Facetime. I think someone at the call center speaks english. My Skype is arturmeireles. Feel free to call me.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks. probably you offered this already in the news section. very helpful chap. will call them tomorrow and find out. if I get nowhere I will come back to you :)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I Just called Fnac and they have a landline number +351211544038. I Just noticed that the pre order date moved from Nov 22nd to Dec 1st but she told me that maybe Microsoft postponed the delivery date but that's not a reason for your order to be canceled and she also said that you can put any # on the NIF field. NIF is the Portuguese social security #.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well they sure dont know how to handle European transactions. Still not sorted and the email correspondence is sloooooooooooow. Still need a Multibanco Prepaid account

GrakesDK

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I have ordered one and live in Denmark. So far everything is fine. My only concern is that they already took the money from my account. Is this normal? In Denmark they are not allowed to transfer any money before the package is in transit....

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Usually this is a two step process with credit cards. First they claim the money - than they take the money. They reserved it in my case on both my credit cards .. both payments couldn't be made though. Have workaround for it now. Just hope it works out :)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Find someone in Portugal to do the multi banco transfer. Told them by email already and answered a questionnaire raising the very same problem with euro transactions not being able to processed properly.
Now that Amazon France reduced the price to 649 Euros I would even consider ordering it there. Bought my GF 535 there already and I don't mind the 40 euros more and it will be there probably earlier and you have best price guarantee in case it drops.
Yet I am very grateful for the help I got in ordering in on FNAC.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I deal with one of our suppliers in Portugal [i'm in the UK], so will ask them about maybe buying it for me. Going to wait till release date though and see what real life reviews are like. May have jumped up in price by then, but a risk i'm willing to take with a high end device.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well - the order has been dispatched this morning. shame i will not receive it before the weekend... happy to hear I will receive it though :)

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
So a simple Visa could be used on that site to pay correct? Or would the amazon france be a better option? Still no free continuum dock in any case...

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Should be.. visa UK and Visa DE didnt work for me. Free Dock should be in both cases for the XL and Amazon would be my choice based on their customer service and just few ?? more.

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
So a simple Visa could be used on that site to pay correct? Or would the amazon france be a better option? Still no free continuum dock in any case...

As far as I'm aware, you get the free dock from the 950XL purchase no matter where you buy it from.
The dock is tagged to the phone so I don't see why you wouldn't get it.

Btw, the black 950XL is already sold out on Fnac.pt

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, you get the free dock from the 950XL purchase no matter where you buy it from.
The dock is tagged to the phone so I don't see why you wouldn't get it.

Btw, the black 950XL is already sold out on Fnac.pt

Hmm thanks, i hope this is the case :) Well as long as they still have the white one, i don't care :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6